Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2019, 23:28   #1

Last 450 hull

Hi All,

With the new 46 coming out, when will be built the last 450?
Puka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 10:23   #2

Boat: L 450
Re: Last 450 hull

March 2020
Darksyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 10:24   #3

March 2020

but sold out what I heard
Old 26-05-2019, 14:03   #4

Boat: I want Lagoon 42

i hope they come out with a 46s
mjuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 16:23   #5

Boat: Lagoon 450

The 450 will continue to be built only as a 450s the 46 will not be a sport top
steve450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 17:46   #6

Boat: I want Lagoon 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve450 View Post
The 450 will continue to be built only as a 450s the 46 will not be a sport top
Thanks for the info, how do you know this to be true?
mjuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 16:17   #7

Boat: Lagoon 450

Because i worked on the lagoon stand at the boat show
steve450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2019, 00:49   #8

Ordered my third L450F in February 2019 - delivery will be March 2020, but Lagoon decided to continue producing the L450F until June 2020 and maybe beyond.

I have been to Dusseldorf this January to order a L46, but decided to go for a L450 (like some others I met there) - a much better boat in every way.

The demand for the L450F is still huge. The boat was exhibited at the Singapore Show last April, so there must be some slots available in the future
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 10:32   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post

I have been to Dusseldorf this January to order a L46, but decided to go for a L450 (like some others I met there) - a much better boat in every way.

why you think the 450 better boat? Very interested in your knowledgeable view.
Thanks in advance
Valiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 11:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiente View Post
why you think the 450 better boat? Very interested in your knowledgeable view.
Thanks in advance
First of all the L450 has a lot of more storage.

-On the L46 water tanks are placed in the front lockers, you do not have any storage in the engine comparments right above the engines like on the L450. Not enough storage outside for a spi, diving compressor, spare parts etc.

-Most of the boards have no doors (looks good in a house, but is more than stupid on a sailing boat). Not in the galley and not in the owners compartment. What do you want to store there while sailing? Obviously no flower pots like displayed in the L46 brochure.

- no choice between a sofa and extra furniture in the the owners compartment

- only a small washing machine (3kg) on the L46 due to lack of space

-two washing sinks in the owners bath and a seperated WC. For what reason, it is a waste of space and adds more weight to the boat.

- batteries are in engine compartments. This makes them less effective due to the engines heat (around 10-20%) and reduces their lifespan. Not suitable for Lithium at all

-three winches only, no space to add pad-eyes on the front of the bows, which makes it impossible to use a parasailor or a wingaker (both need four lines and four winches).

-no place where you can leave things on the flybridge - only two cup holders, nothing to leave your binoculars or clothes.

-flybridge is uncofortable compared to the L450F. From my point of view there is not enough space to handle the sails properly

-no real chart table any more. VHF is placed 30cm obove the floor somewhere under the tiny navigation desk, not easy to access at all.

- no desk in the owners compartment. It is only a small place where you can sit and put a book on it, ´very uncomfortable if you want to use a computer or notebook. You have to sit on the corner of a sofa, no way to use a proper chair. Would be impossible for me to work there for more than 10 minutes.

- 2 tons more weight and around 80K Euros more expensive than the L450F if you want to get the boat well equiped.

-dark furnishing only - some like it, I think this is too dark, especially downstairs.

- self tacking jib - crazy on a boat of this size and weight. It is a waste of dacron, no way you can use this for sailing.

These are the main points I discovered in half an hour on the boat show, the only thing I like on the L46 are the bigger windows in the compartments, but nothing else.

The L46 is not made for sailing. It is a charter boat for daily motor sailing only. It might be a nice boat when you leave it in a marina all time and use it as a holiday home only.

Just my opinion
Old 30-05-2019, 22:19   #11

Boat: 450S

Quote:
First of all the L450 has a lot of more storage.

-On the L46 water tanks are placed in the front lockers, you do not have any storage in the engine comparments right above the engines like on the L450. Not enough storage outside for a spi, diving compressor, spare parts etc.

-Most of the boards have no doors (looks good in a house, but is more than stupid on a sailing boat). Not in the galley and not in the owners compartment. What do you want to store there while sailing? Obviously no flower pots like displayed in the L46 brochure.

- no choice between a sofa and extra furniture in the the owners compartment

- only a small washing machine (3kg) on the L46 due to lack of space

-two washing sinks in the owners bath and a seperated WC. For what reason, it is a waste of space and adds more weight to the boat.

- batteries are in engine compartments. This makes them less effective due to the engines heat (around 10-20%) and reduces their lifespan. Not suitable for Lithium at all

-three winches only, no space to add pad-eyes on the front of the bows, which makes it impossible to use a parasailor or a wingaker (both need four lines and four winches).

-no place where you can leave things on the flybridge - only two cup holders, nothing to leave your binoculars or clothes.

-flybridge is uncofortable compared to the L450F. From my point of view there is not enough space to handle the sails properly

-no real chart table any more. VHF is placed 30cm obove the floor somewhere under the tiny navigation desk, not easy to access at all.

- no desk in the owners compartment. It is only a small place where you can sit and put a book on it, ´very uncomfortable if you want to use a computer or notebook. You have to sit on the corner of a sofa, no way to use a proper chair. Would be impossible for me to work there for more than 10 minutes.

- 2 tons more weight and around 80K Euros more expensive than the L450F if you want to get the boat well equiped.

-dark furnishing only - some like it, I think this is too dark, especially downstairs.

- self tacking jib - crazy on a boat of this size and weight. It is a waste of dacron, no way you can use this for sailing.

These are the main points I discovered in half an hour on the boat show, the only thing I like on the L46 are the bigger windows in the compartments, but nothing else.

The L46 is not made for sailing. It is a charter boat for daily motor sailing only. It might be a nice boat when you leave it in a marina all time and use it as a holiday home only.

Just my opinion
You forgot no place to mount a bbq. Its a beautiful looking boat, better than the L50 imo. Think Lagoon aimed at the non sailing spouse.
Pascals Wager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 22:36   #12

Boat: between boats

Quote:

Just my opinion
Wow if an experienced and existing lagoon owner thinks the new 46 is nothing more than a dock queen they really have gone too far down that path!

Glad they will keep churning out the 450s at least
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 23:43   #13

Thank you Yatt,

could not say it better. I had the chance to swap to a 46.

No way ..... the 450 is the best boat Lagoon had ever build in this class.

Why a back stepped Mast ?

We love the size of our Mainsail.

by the way on the 46 its very hard to reach the end of the boom

Totally satisfied

M
Old 31-05-2019, 01:52   #14

thanks Yatt et all.

is there any area where 46 has been improved over 450?There shoud be hopefully some!
sailing abilities?
Valiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 02:14   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiente View Post
thanks Yatt et all.

is there any area where 46 has been improved over 450?There shoud be hopefully some!
sailing abilities?
Yes, as I mentioned in my last posting, I like the huge windows on the L46. And I like the L-shaped galley on the L46. New new U-shaped kitchen layout on the 450F is much worse than on the previous models build until 2015.

I cannot say anything about sailing abilities as I have not been on the L46 sailing. But Lagoon cats are not famous for speed, but offer a great comfort of living for long distance cruisers and liveabords. If you are looking for really fast cats then Catana or Outremer might be the better choice (but nearly twice the price).

Tags
hull