Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2009, 13:17   #16

Boat: Stevens 47
I'm looking for new crew for Tahiti to New Zealand...leaving Tahiti on or around July 10th this year. I have just completed the 4200 miles from Panama to Galapagos to the Marquesas.
I'll add a new post for these positions so look for it here in this forum...

Michael
Old 18-05-2009, 19:21   #17

Boat: Lancer 30, Little Jumps
Welcome Nitroxgirl...Check out Offshore Passage Opportunities, they match
up boats looking for crew and vice versa...they screen
captain, boat and potential crew. They may charge annual
fee (modest) but worth it. Talk to Hank...Good Luck! Hugo
Old 20-05-2009, 01:11   #18

Boat: Radford 40
Hi I am a solo skipper, 62 years old, that often takes on "volunteer guest/crew" as a pay as you go type thing, usually food and expenses, around $400USD a month depending on crew desires ((marina living or anchorages ) type of trip (passages or day sailing). Crew help with all aspects of operating the boat, including having a say of where and when boat will go.

I am currently in Trinidad hauled out trying to get the boat back up to snuff ;repainting topside/bottom, new radar, wind generator, electronics package, etc

I arrived in Trinidad a month ago after 3 years travel from Australia to Trinidad via the southern route around Africa. During that time I had about 50 of these volunteer crew for periods of a month to 4 months. I can give you refeences from some of these folks if you would like to contact them.

Plans are to cruise here locally (Trinidad ) through July, then either Suriname, Venezuala, Columbia for several months. After that, things are a bit indefinete.

I have a 25 year old guy, friend of a business aquaintance from my former life joining at the end of the month, for an indefinite period, no experience, just a desire to try the life style (a job at Wal Mart does not have much of a hold on him in NC) so you would take the other crew berth.

Juno is a Radford 40, cutter or double headsail sloop depending on how you view such things, with a steel hull and aluminum deck, aft cockpit with a raised deck.

I am not a scuba guy, but do a lot of snorkelig, but have had folks who wanted to dve, they found diving partners as we went or took the oppportunity to actually hop on dive boats where we were located for a day or two.

If you are interested, let me know, either here on the forum or at my email tomonjunu@yahoo,com.

Tom
Old 07-06-2009, 17:37   #19

NitroxGirl,

PM sent.
Old 21-06-2009, 11:07   #20

You be interested to check out Find a Crewâ„¢ Worldwide - The World's largest Online Marine Crew Network