Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2012, 22:27   #1

Tim

Hello,

I am interested in a sailing adventure in the the coming months and would love to help out on a boat going anywhere. I am a 23 yr. old Outward Bound canoe/backpacking/climbing instructor in Philadelphia. I have a couple months off in the in the winter time, beginning right after Thanksgiving, and my goal is to get some traveling in there. Some of our sister bases up in Maine and out in California specialize in saling courses and I've had the opportunity to talk to some of these instructors who tell me all about there adventures and of course misadventures. This all really excites me and would appreciate the opportunity to help out on someones boat.
As far as experience, my sailing knowledge is minimal. However, I love the outdoors and can manage myself in weathering situations. I worked as a backcountry canoe guide in a wilderness park in Manitoba, Canada in the summer times and hitchhiked to the Canadian rockies with my brother last summer. I'm a wilderness first responder and SCUBA certified as well. I am very felxible with dates and times so just let me know when and where and I'll be there. I would love to talk more about this so get back to me if interested.

Thanks,

Tim

"Happy. Just in my swim shorts, barefooted, wild-haired, in the red fire dark, singing, swigging wine, spitting, jumping, running---thats the the way to live."
-Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
Old 15-08-2012, 14:31   #2

Boat: Beneteau 36S7
Re: Tim

I'm sailing down to key West beginning October.