Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 23:51   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Tobago
Seattle to San Diego

Ahoy

I'm looking for a crew member to join my hired Captain bring down my recently purchased FP Tobago (Catamaran) from Seattle to San Diego sometime within the next few weeks. (July 26 to August 5).

This is a non-paying gig. I will offer, FREE of charge, an ASA 104/114 sailing certification. To receive this certification you must have already taking your ASA 101/103 classes.

I run a Charter Company and Sailing School here in San Diego and this boat will be joining our fleet. (West Coast Sailing School and Multihulls Charters)

My captain is an ASA Sailing Instructor and a wonderful sailor. The voyage should take about 2 weeks (+-).

No matter what your skill level is, if this delivery is something you find of interest, please contact me. Please remember, this is Non-Paying and you must take care of your own air-fare. (Food and drink is provided)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30   #2

Re: Seattle to San Diego

Hello,
This sounds like something I would be interested in helping out with.

The dates, just might fit into my current Summer Schedule!

I am from Southern California, and getting to Seattle should be no problem.

I have sea-time, including on a Tall-Ship (schooner)...

Kevin
PM for Telephone number
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10   #3

My partner and I are very much interested. We are both very hard workers and fast learners, but have no previous sailing experience. We desperately desire to come out to the west coast immediately and begin learning everything we can about sailing. We have spent the last 3 months researching as much as we can on sailing over the internet, but with out hands on training we fear that we may never get to live our dream. PLEASE, if you have room for two able bodied workers who are very eager to learn and listen to all the knowledge you have to give then contact us ASAP.

Thank you for your time
Brian & Sierra
PM for Telephone number
bebritton (at) mail.wvncc (dot)edu
Old 12-07-2011, 11:29   #4

Boat: Hunter 49

I am from Calgary and can be available for this trip after July 30th
Old 12-07-2011, 13:25   #5
abi

I would love to help out, I have sailing experience and Competent crew certificate.
I am in SF but will be up in Portland from next Sunday.
Call me 530 414 5345
Cheers
Abi
Old 12-07-2011, 17:54   #6

Sounds like a great trip I would like to be a part of. I have been sailing boats from 470's to Jeanneau 49. I can be available for the trip and would love to go, give me a shout out.

413-841-2078
Old 14-07-2011, 19:48   #7

Boat: Searching for a family cat

Hi, I am in Sacramento, and very interested. Please email if the position is still available. thanks. dreamer.blue@rocketmail.com
Old 15-07-2011, 12:14   #8

I'm still available for this trip, if you are still in need of crew...

kevin

syrensisglum (at) yahoo
Old 15-07-2011, 22:49   #9

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Tobago

CREW POSITION FILLED

Thank you all for your wanting to join in on this journey. I know either I or Lance have spoke to most of you. If we did not contact you, I am very sorry.

As of this afternoon, Lance was able to fill his two crew members. I told him to take all of your numbers with him.....just in case.

Again, thank you all
Old 10-08-2011, 00:12   #10

Boat: never owned. just OPB
Send a message via ICQ to martyo

Ahoy,

Pardon me if this message is not of proper etiquette as I have never been on any forum. I would have messaged Big Kahuna directly, but since I stumbled across this thread, I thought other sailing school instructors may also.

I am now trying to get my 10 1/2 D out of my butt since this seasoned computer engineer from the early days has been chasing jobs for a year. You use your ATM card to get groceries, or gas? I wrote Interlink in 1984 at WFB. Hybrid s/w & h/w engineer, also HAM operator, plus USCG 200 Ton credential as the result of a dear friend who would not let me say "Uncle." Best compliment was people saying they'd never felt so safe as when my bud Jimbo and I returned under the GG with them. You know when you don't even have to say it, you just know he's ready to tack. Great stuff.

Crewed on 1st place boat Spinnaker class Friday night races at SF YC two years ago. Lived in New Zealand 1 yr, 3 mos OZ, 4 mos Hong Kong, born and fluent in German.

There's got to be a place for all this "resume" type stuff, eh? Wanted to catch BK's attention since after all the shiny stickers at Club Nautique (I greatly respect Mr. Forbes and my Nav instructor Mr. Richards), I ran into Capt Robert McCreary. A natural, albeit controversial bloke. To smell a stink-pot with it's lights out on SF Bay was pretty amazing to me. It's dark out there.

His instructions to me were get that ASA instructor's credentials. He never answers how, just what. So, that's one reason for this "short" story. My last trip was a delivery to St. Vincent from Antiqua (my leg) of a gorgeous 46 Fontaine Pajot. Memories are killing me so I'll stop now. Again, sorry if this was inappropriate in length and/or location, but after 35 years in the Silicon Valley, I'm done with diapering another generation of geniuses.

Marty
www.theostengroup.com

Tags
seattle