Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2024, 17:51   #1
Marine Service Provider

J/35 JIB Sheet - soft shackle size - help

99% of the time, people come to me with the soft shackle specs they need. Today, I was told they needed 3 soft shackles to attach a jib sheet. It needs to connect a 10mm line and a leech ring,

I'm not a sailer (maybe one day) but I've done many for people attaching jib sheets. I think 2"-2.5" diameter shackle was what they used?

Looking to be educated on scenarios like this so I can help the people as much as I can. I asked them what length the soft shackles they want, and they said: "3-5 inches?" I asked if they wanted 3/16" They said they would take my judgemental call on diameter. I feel like these are things only the sailor would know since boats can be rigged differently. Am I wrong?
Amsteelbluez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jib, size