Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 20:41   #1

Boat: Catalina 34
Sail My Catalina 34 From Puerto Rico to Florida

Last Winter my girlfriend and I sailed our 1988 Catalina 34 from the Florida Keys through the Bahamas to the Virgin Islands. We stayed in St. Thomas until spring when we sailed her back to Puerto Rico and put her on the hard. We are now back in the states (Minnesota) and want the boat back in the Keys (Marathon) but we don't have the time to do it so here is a thought I had.

I would like to find someone (I'm picturing a couple) who has a lot of sailing experience that would like to cruise for a while this winter from Puerto Rico to the Keys. You can pick up the boat in late January and cruise the Virgin Islands, DR, Turks and Caicos, The Bahamas and back to the Keys. You can go as fast or as slow as you want but I need her back in the Keys no later than June 1 for hurricane season (insurance requirements).

The boat "Sea Angel" is a 1988 Catalina 34 and she is pretty well equipped. My girlfriend and I have lived on it for the past 2 years and sailed her from Lake Superior to the Virgin Islands in that time.

The arrangement I have in mind is that you get to use Sea Angel for a few months for free and I get her back to the Keys without having to pay a delivery captain and crew. A win - win. Obviously this trip would not be free for you as you will have to pay your own expenses, you only get the use of the boat for free.

If you are interested in this send me an email and we can talk about it, so far I only have a rough idea in my mind of how this would work so I am open to thoughts and ideas. Sea Angel is my baby so I would like to meet you first somewhere and somehow and rest assured, I WILL do a background check on you (Sea Angel is certainly worth the cost of a good background check).

Email me at Benasutti at yahoo dot com.

-Brian
Old 09-11-2015, 05:17   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Sail My Catalina 34 From Puerto Rico to Florida

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Brian.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:32   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Welcome to CF Brian !

There will be a lot of naysayers, and likely all the reasons should be taken into account...

But...

I see this working if all of your probable contingencies have a plan...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 09-11-2015, 08:00   #4

Hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero base in Miami am interested am from pr and I have done this trip many times! I can help you with the delivery thanks

Tags
catalina, florida, Puerto Rico, sail