Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 01:57   #1

Moreton Bay, Catamaran & Skipper Wanted

Gday
Im thinking of surprising the wife with a quick getaway sailing Moreton Bay. Flying up from Newcastle on Friday 2nd Jan and back Sunday 4th. We would like to learn more about sailing a catamaran and spend a weekend exploring Moreton Bay.
My wife and I have experience on boats but are not quite what you would call experienced sailors.
So Im after a boat and captain/s and of course am willing to pay for the experience. I don't mind if there are other people on the boat to share the adventure with.
Cheers
Dave
Old 01-12-2014, 03:53   #2

Boat: Spray Replica
Re: Moreton Bay, Catamaran & Skipper Wanted

Dave,

A good mate of mine runs a great Charter business in Brisbane called Robinson Cruises. Robinson Cruises Sailing Adventures: sailing adventures, luxury yacht charters, catamaran sailing cr He has just commissioned a new Lightwave 45 and I think he still has a the 4 year old Lightwave 38.

Wayne and his wife can take you on a charter. They operate from Raby Bay. If there are others who want to go the costs can be spread. Wayne and Donna are a great couple and they run a very good business that caters to the customers needs. There boats are 1st class and the experience of a weekend with them will be memorable.

I do have to declare that I have nothing to do with his company, however I did introduce him to sailing and his first date with Donna was a dinner on board our boat Spirit of Sobraon many years ago. He really loves sailing and loves entertaining.

Give them a call.

Whilst in Brisbane Wayne can introduce you to fellow S.I.C.Y.C (Shag Islet Cruising Yacht Club ) members. The group originated in Raby Bay, however have spread across Australia and the World. It would be a beneficial group for you to join. They are sailing friends with a drinking problem or Drinking Friends with a sailing problem.

Cheers
Garry
sv Spirit of Sobraon
Home Page | Spirit of Sobraon's Travel Log

Tags
catamaran, skipper, wanted