Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 13:11   #1

Looking for ideas

I have a few months off of work and go can go anywhere and do anything just trying to decide what that is going to be. I am a water baby have some experience with sail, power and paddles but not an expert at anything. I have certificates to say I can legally drive boats, do first aid, lifeguard etc. but they are old and don't mean anything about how I am on a boat. I don't want to wear a uniform and serve rich people (although I am a great hostess and party thrower) but I am also not opposed to a working or volunteer holiday if that's what pops up. I have lived on small boats before for short periods of time (a month) so that's not a problem. Want to be around people who like to get off the boat too and bike, hike or whatever. Been many places in the world already but there's lots more to see. I have the money just can't decide. I am not going through any life change, mid life crisis or want out of the rat race and not super interested in being in a self help, find your happiness crew. I am happy already just want to keep rockin. If anyone has any ideas of what might be a fit for me or would want me around to drink rum with and let me take over the galley feel free to chat. I have freedom Nov 1, 2013.
Old 04-08-2013, 13:23   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for ideas

Hi Lola... Welcome to CF.
I'll resist the temptation to hit UTube for your song...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 04-08-2013, 13:30   #3

Re: Looking for ideas

Ha! I know but it's the first name I could come up with when I made up my email. I wanted to ask my tax professor questions but I didn't want him to know who it was asking the dumb questions because he was mean. I think he figured it out by the end of the term because he got more mean. I still passed but it was not a pleasant early Friday morning class that messed up my whole day.
You must have some good stories to tell from your navy days...
Old 19-08-2013, 09:52   #4

Hi Lola ... I am presently in La Paz, Mexico refurbishing a 74 foot Ketch for a good friend of mine. Hopefully we will get underway early Nov, and head down to Panama. If you have any interest and require additional info, please contact me. Mick.
Old 21-08-2013, 19:16   #5

Boat: Morgan Classic 41'

Hi. I will be waiting on weather to leave Nov.1 from Galveston TX headed to the British Virgin Islands via Key West, Bahamas, and on to the Virgins. This is a 4 week trip. 5-6 days to Key West, a few days there to rest/reprovision on to the Bahamas, spend a few days there and on to the BVI. One should allow 4 - 6 weeks. Want to have 3 competent crew who can stand watches. Provisions on board provided. On shore food/drink crew will be on their own. Let me know if you want to join us on a well found boat. If so send PM. Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38   #6

Hi

Sure send me more info. takeiteasygringa@yahoo.ca