Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2015, 07:05   #31

Boat: 55' sloop.
Re: Delivery from St. Helena to St. Lucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
good luck getting there!

the only ship that takes passengers from cape town rms st Helena booked up till may.
the new airport doesn't open till may with still no definite flight schedule.

the only other possibility is via acension island on a british RAF flight,then the RMS st Helena ship costing roughly $3000 a head from the uk if one or more of the 10 seats is available to civilians.

just to make matters a little more complicated you need to apply for an entry permit at least a month before as you will be unable to book the flight to ascension island until in possession of a valid permit!
These reflect my thoughts on the matter.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Old 24-12-2015, 07:14   #32

Thank you, I have done my homework. My crew and I are sailing from Namibia on a private boat. Just for your information the RAF flight is not $3000 it is $765. The entry permit can be gotten with a 14 day notice. However this is all a moot point as other arrangements have been made and I am going sailing instead of sitting around writing about it and trying to discourage others
Old 24-12-2015, 07:26   #33

... in fact the flight would have been only GBP 510,- on Jan. 10th (UK - Ascension), seats available ...
... than 3 nights in the hotel for GBP 55,-/p.P. ...

But than the bummer: RMS St. Helena only had cabins on the A deck left, T2 twin room at a sea fare cost of £874.00 per person ...

Next available sailing from Cape Town on March 27th ...

Although some numbers given by atoll were not spot on I think they were of great help to all (at least to me) and I do not felt he was discouraging others.

Regards,

Carsten
Old 26-12-2015, 10:53   #34
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Have a Grand trip Judy.. (y)
Old 27-12-2015, 00:53   #35

I am a delivery skipper and know the situation on the Island, also the bad anchorage. I would ask around for a local who wants to sail. There are a couple of sailors who have done the Cape To Rio yacht race. You might have enough experienced crew on board that can show a new crew member the ropes. You might also find a safer spot to anchor if you ask the local people. I hope this will help.
Old 27-12-2015, 01:01   #36

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfood View Post
Thank you, I have done my homework. My crew and I are sailing from Namibia on a private boat. Just for your information the RAF flight is not $3000 it is $765. The entry permit can be gotten with a 14 day notice. However this is all a moot point as other arrangements have been made and I am going sailing instead of sitting around writing about it and trying to discourage others
Well done!
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Old 04-02-2016, 12:20   #37
Marine Service Provider

Not sure if you still need someone. But I am sending you our cv.

Raul & Johanna

RaulJohanna162@gmail.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Raul Valdivia CV .pdf (56.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf Johanna Edieux cv.pdf (66.4 KB, 48 views)

Tags
delivery, St Lucia