Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2013, 21:46   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruising Fiji and then to New Zealand 50ft Cat 23 aug to 23 sep

Looking for good reliable crew to sail 50ft catamaran fiji to nz, dates around 23 sep to 23 aug which (includes a week or two to cruise in fiji first and allows plenty of flexibility to pick the best departure date for the weather)

Relatively young (but very experienced) skipper in mid 30s, crew in 20s/30s ideal. You should be enthusiatic, hardworking and not prone to severe seasickness. References may be required. Daily contribution towards costs such as fuel, food etc. required and you pay for your own flights etc.

Experience of some/all watchkeeping, offshore sailing, night sailing, navigation, maintenance skills and heavy weather preferred but you might be able to make up for a shortfall with sheer in skills with sheer enthusiasm if you are a fast learner!

Also seeking an experienced mate for the passage at yachtmaster level.

I have a background in sail training and am happy to teach you stuff to fill any gaps in your experience. I'm a commercially qualified skipper and have high standards of safety.s The yacht is very comfortable, seaworthy and extremely well equipped and very well maintained. She carries all equipment required by NZ cat1 offshore and is regularly surveyed as a commercial passenger vessel (although this voyage is a private trip not a charter).

PM/email for more info.
Old 31-07-2013, 00:26   #2

Boat: 1983 Cape Dory Cutter 30'
Re: Cruising Fiji and then to New Zealand 50ft Cat 23 aug to 23 sep

Hi, I have NO experience sailing on more than a Hobie Cat, but have been obsessing over live-aboard sailing and cruising for over a year. I have several books I am reading, have went through a brief online course in boat terms and some 101 type stuff, and was in the Navy for 6 years (no sailing). I am 40+ but in excellent health (eat well and exercise), and a hard worker. Is there any interest in someone completely green?
Old 31-07-2013, 00:28   #3

Boat: 1983 Cape Dory Cutter 30'

I also wanted to add that I am a weather forecaster with 24 years professional experience, and a lifetime of hobby experience. Maybe this would help?
Old 03-08-2013, 22:16   #4

Boat: Piver lodestar/victress

sent you a pm, cheers Nico
Old 06-08-2013, 12:45   #5

Aloha,

I am a Lic. 100 ton Captain in Hawaii. Born and raised on a 60 foot sail boat until i was 16. I have sailed from Hawaii to Tahiti and mexico to Hawaii. I have been operating a tour boat biz the last 5 years on kauai. I would like to help you sail NZ. You can reach me at 808-639-9352 anytime.

Mahalo, Makai
Old 06-08-2013, 13:09   #6

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,

11 month departure window, is that right?
Old 06-08-2013, 13:40   #7

Hello!

I am a 19yr old with a basic Bareboat Cruising license. Looking to help aboard a sailboat for a few months. Currently a web developer.

Please let me know if you need a skipper!

Thank you,
-Elizabeth Ferrao
Old 15-08-2013, 22:36   #8
Marine Service Provider

Thanks to everyone who has replied. Just to update, we could still take a couple more people so please get in touch asap if interested.

Sorry about the confusion about dates - the dates in the title are correct - 23 aug to 23 sep but the actual passage to NZ will likely take place in the first weather window after 30th August and will take about ten days so this could still suit you even if you are not available for the whole period.

Please PM or email me if interested - I don't check the messages on the forum very often.

Tags
cruising, Fiji, New Zealand