Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 06:22   #1

Boat: soon trimaran
Crew for Lake nicaragua

Hello,

I am planning to buy a sailing trimaran, cruiser, around 32 to 40 foot, diesel inboard, in florida, i am still looking and hope to find one soon. The captain i had to bring it to lake nicaragua is not availabl anymore and i have no experience sailing and i now nothing about crew and how to bring it over here and the expences. All info or offers are very wellcome. The boat has to go up the river San juan near bluefields and the trip ends on island san fernando solentiname arcipel. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:41   #2

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Crew for Lake nicaragua

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimi View Post
Hello,

I am planning to buy a sailing trimaran, cruiser, around 32 to 40 foot, diesel inboard, in florida, i am still looking and hope to find one soon. The captain i had to bring it to lake nicaragua is not availabl anymore and i have no experience sailing and i now nothing about crew and how to bring it over here and the expences. All info or offers are very wellcome. The boat has to go up the river San juan near bluefields and the trip ends on island san fernando solentiname arcipel. Thanks.
I suggest you hire a captain to get you to Nica, and then a local to pilot you up the San Juan. I expect its do able in a shoal draft tri, but best to have someone aboard with local knowlwdge. There are a few lodges on the San Juan who could probably make a recommendation. Look them up and contact them.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:14   #3

Re: Crew for Lake nicaragua

Hi, I am a brazilian marine and sailor over 20 yrs experience, English, Spanish and Portuguese speaker. Now I am in Venezuela, how and where can I meet yoou?
my regards

Sergio

Tags
crew, Nicaragua