Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2010, 13:38   #1

Captain Wanted - Sailing to Nicaragua

All-expense paid adventure for qualified skipper with Spanish-fluent first mate familiar with Central America

CAPTAIN WANTED

for voyage from Ft. Myers to Caribbean coast of Central America

On a Herreshoff Cat Ketch 31 1982 registered and kept in Ft. Myers

Pictures available at this photo album:

Picasa Web Albums - Fernando H. - Sailing to Ce...

or see the boat in person

Scheduled start: as soon as possible - Duration: about 3 weeks

Owner: Ferdinand, I am Austrian, 30 years old with quite some sailing experience, however no experience in captaining a sailboat on such a voyage

Payment: none; however all expenditures (travel to Ft. Myers, flight back from Central America, food, beverage, visas, fees etc.) will be covered by me.

And more: the captain will have a good guide (myself) in Central America, I live in Granada, (Nicaragua) and speak fluent Spanish

Please email me or tell other people about it - thank you!

You can meet me in Ft. Myers or call me (239) 334-4638

Ferdinand

December 13, 2010
Old 16-12-2010, 01:15   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Vickfarr
Hello Ferdinand,
I'm raedy to join. Have experience 20 years over. Please contact for details ztrident@yahoo.com.au
Victor
Old 16-12-2010, 07:09   #3

Qualified Yachtmaster Offshore available

Hi Ferdinand,

I am an experienced sailor of 20 plus years. UK Based Englishman. Transatlantic in 2000, Belize to Florida 2010. Lots of other yachting. Good natured, good humoured, good company ! I note that Victor is up for this and dates are possibly tricky but do contact me if Victor can't make it. Good Luck
Drew
drewstar444@yahoo.co.uk
Old 16-12-2010, 07:27   #4

Thank you Victor! I have a captain since yesterday - I will let you know if we decide to take more people on board. Have not found out, how to delete my thread so far. Have your email storede and will be dropping you an email now.

best regards

Ferdinand
Old 16-12-2010, 09:05   #5

Boat: Brewer 44
I saw your ad at Bonita Bill's yesterday, let me know if you need any help. I sailed from Fort Myers to Honduras last year.

I am the local TowBoatUS Captain here on Fort Myers Beach.

I towed a H31 Ketch into Olsen's a month or two ago, was that you?
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowning, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. Semper Paratus!
Old 16-12-2010, 14:17   #6
FAM

Captain Needed

Dear Fernando, I am interested in learning more about your needs. I am an experienced sailor who has sailed the waters you have described on other deliveries. I can send you my resume if you will provide an email address. Mine is: gwbrock :at: uky :dot: edu

Looking forward to hearing from you. -Greg Brock
Old 16-12-2010, 17:59   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Vickfarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandoeltoro View Post
Thank you Victor! I have a captain since yesterday - I will let you know if we decide to take more people on board. Have not found out, how to delete my thread so far. Have your email storede and will be dropping you an email now.

best regards

Ferdinand
Thanks a lot for your response. Looking forward, if any...
Have a nice trip...
Old 16-12-2010, 19:41   #8

Found a captain - may need on more crew aboard

Dear all!

Thank you for all these kind offerings and interests - it is really great to have such a good response!

I now have a captain and we (the captain and I) are considering taking one more crew member aboard.

I will write more about this tomorrow, it is quite late now, thank you for your understanding.

Ferdinand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandoeltoro View Post
All-expense paid adventure for qualified skipper with Spanish-fluent first mate familiar with Central America

CAPTAIN WANTED

Owner: Ferdinand, I am Austrian, 30 years old with quite some sailing experience, however no experience in captaining a sailboat on such a voyage

Payment: none; however all expenditures (travel to Ft. Myers, flight back from Central America, food, beverage, visas, fees etc.) will be covered by me.

And more: the captain will have a good guide (myself) in Central America, I live in Granada, (Nicaragua) and speak fluent Spanish

Ferdinand

December 13, 2010
Old 17-12-2010, 07:31   #9

Update - captain - crew - CHARTS!

Dear all!

thanks for your posts. are you interested in going? It will be decided tonight whether we have to look for one more crew member (so far: captain Wally and me and one friend gives us decision this night). We might even take a 4th person - will keep you posted on that.

Ocean Roads: do you still have charts? Paper charts? please let me know

No, it was not me who was getting towed that time.

CAPTAIN WANTED

Ferdinand

December 13, 2010[/QUOTE]
Old 17-12-2010, 07:32   #10

crew - charts - update

Dear Ocean Roads!

thanks for your posts. are you interested in going? It will be decided tonight whether we have to look for one more crew member (so far: captain Wally and me and one friend gives us decision this night). We might even take a 4th person - will keep you posted on that.

Ocean Roads: do you still have charts? Paper charts? please let me know

No, it was not me who was getting towed that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Roads View Post
I saw your ad at Bonita Bill's yesterday, let me know if you need any help. I sailed from Fort Myers to Honduras last year.

I am the local TowBoatUS Captain here on Fort Myers Beach.

I towed a H31 Ketch into Olsen's a month or two ago, was that you?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:51   #11

Dear Victor!

We are now in Key West - the captain had to leave us behind due to a private problem he had to solve up in Maine. My brother, I and Doris (the boat) are on Stock Island (Key West).

I hope you are still interested - even if you could say just "second joice"... well I just gave my "yess" to the first captain who wrote back to me and it appears that did not have the appropriate freedom concering time schedule.

If you are interested, please get back to me as soon as possible, writing me a private message to: sailinglakenicaragua@gmail.com

we woule like to leave as soon as possible!

Fair winds

Ferdinand and Tobias
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52   #12

Dear Drew!

We are now in Key West - the captain had to leave us behind due to a private problem he had to solve up in Maine. My brother, I and Doris (the boat) are on Stock Island (Key West).

I hope you are still interested - even if you could say just "second joice"... well I just gave my "yess" to the first captain who wrote back to me and it appears that did not have the appropriate freedom concering time schedule.

If you are interested, please get back to me as soon as possible, writing me a private message to: sailinglakenicaragua@gmail.com

Fair winds

Ferdinand and Tobias
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53   #13

Dear Greg!

Fair winds

Ferdinand and Tobias
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00   #14

again: Captain wanted - sailing to Nicaragua:

Jan. 12th, 2010

Captain Wanted - Sailing to Nicaragua

CAPTAIN WANTED

this is again me, Ferdinand. I posted this add in December to find a captain. We started the voyaga from Fort Myers to Key West (which is where we are now) and the captain had to leave due to private issues back in Maine. So I am still looking for a captain.

for voyage from Key West to Caribbean coast of Central America

Scheduled start: as soon as possible - Duration: about 2 weeks

Crew so far: my brother Tobi (27) and myself.

You can meet me in Key West and send me a private message to: sailinglakenicaragua@gmail.com

Ferdinand

Jan. 12th, 2010
Old 24-01-2011, 16:08   #15

Boat: Tahiti Ketch 32' La Grace
Send a message via Skype™ to capijohn
Hey
Im not sure if you still need a captain but Im 32yr old colombian national located In panama with 10 years plus sailng experience, i'm available now. send me an email john_david_q at hotmail dot com for my resume
thanks!-John

Tags
Nicaragua