Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2014, 14:09   #16

Re: Auckland to Australia (Mar-Apr 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjoff View Post
Hi

I have a 36' Gozzard (42' overall) mono-hull cutter rigged yacht heading for Australia.

I will depart Auckland on or around 31 March 2014 (weather permitting) and then officially leave NZ from Opua. We MAY stop at Lord Howe Island to break the journey and enjoy what that location has to offer. However this could change depending on the weather.

We will log somewhere between 1,250Nms to 1,400Nms depending on the circumstances.

In 2010-2012 I completed a successful Atlantic and South Pacific crossing to Australia and then a Tasman Sea crossing to New Zealand in November 2012. In 2013 I sailed to Fiji and back to New Zealand. Now its time to cross the Tasman again. The planned destination will be Newcastle, but I have no problems arriving in Sydney or Coffs Harbour if it means more comfort to the crew.

If you are interested and can function in a team environment with offshore sailing experience and galley skills, you are most welcome.

ALL JOBS WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY.

I look forward to your response.

Jeff
zerotwoonetwofivesixseventhreenineeight

Dear Jeff

I would be very interested yo join your crew. I live in Sydney and can come down to meet you at the end of March, however would need to be back in Sydney within a couple weeks.

I have raced Adams 10s in middle harbour the last three years and have rented yachts many times throughout Sydney. I have sailed Greece and Sicily on 36 and 44 ft yachts with only myself and my ex-partner.

I'm easy going, chilled out and highly motivated to get more experience under my belt. I'm also a pretty solid chef.

Feel free to call me if it sounds like I could be a goof dit for the boat. Cheers!

Cathy: 0411377186(Sydney mobile)
Old 15-02-2014, 14:10   #17

PS- Pardon the typos above. I'm on my IPad. Cheers, cathy
Old 20-02-2014, 16:41   #18

Dear Alan,

I am Eddie, I'm a structural engineer from England who was fortunate enough to be able to help in the Christchurch recovery. I have had a wonderful time in New Zealand over the past year and a half, but now it is time for me to start heading home home. The adventure is fortunately not over yet for me yet however as I have decided to make my way home by land and sea only. Your voyage would make the perfect first hop on my way back to England.

I am 25 and with experience sailing dingys for years and have gone offshore on a few ventures with similar sized boats to yours out of christchurch and back in england. I also have some sailing trips planned through this website to get my experience up (Auckland - Bay of Islands etc).

No doubt there will be applicants with lots more experience but I write in hope, and give you my word that I am smart, a very quick learner, very energetic, open minded and accepting of all. I am a happy and positive spirit and, if it's anything to you I am a musician so could provide entertainment with an instrument of your choice (or not as you prefer!) haha.

Hope to hear back, If not have a wonderful trip.

Cheers
Eddie
eddchambers@hotmail.com
Old 25-02-2014, 16:21   #19

Hi,

Very interested in joining you on your trip to Oz from Auckland.
My name is Ujin and I am an Australian living in Sydney. I have minimal sailing experience, having done a sailing course many years ago down the coast of Australia for a week as well as couple of twilight races here in Sydney on various boats. Use to have a boat license and have done first aid training courses but otherwise have no blue water experience.

Keen to get more experience and learn. Not bad at cooking, very reliable and dependable as well as resourceful. You can contact me on ujinlee@hotmail.com if you are still looking for crew..

Warm regards
Ujin

Tags
Australia, Auckland