Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2016, 12:52   #1

Location: Detroit's Home, Traveling in Central and South America 2016
30 Year Old Male looking to crew/split cost.

Hello Stranger,

I am from Michigan, but am on a 1 year sabbatical from work traveling Guatemala to Patagonia and Back (June 2014 - 2015). Currently in Buenas Aires, Argentina (Jan 2015), but able to meet anywhere to gain some good, serious experience hopefully in the Americas or the South Pacific. Looking to get involved in all aspects of the boat, and put some of my mechanical skills to work.

I have 2 summers sailing experience on the great lakes - mostly a deck hand for regattas on NA40s. In August, I got to spend 8 days on a sloop 47 from Portobelo, Panama to Cartagena, Columbia and enjoyed it immensely. I've got a pilots license which lends itself to basic understanding of nav/wx/physics.

A bit about myself:
I love anything to do with the water except for drowning. PADI rescue diver – with dry suit cert. Sailing/Surfing/Swiming/Snorkeling/Diving are great, would love to get more experience free diving/windsurfing/spear fishing. I love food, and not afraid to help in the kitchen.

I'm a 30 yr old male mechanical engineer that has been lucky enough to spend time traveling the world. I backpacked East around the world from Florida to Alaska in 2009 with 2 others (14 months living 24/7 with two others in often cramped spaces).

I'm pretty mellow, love music, and a good sunrise.

Hope to hear from you.
Old 07-02-2016, 20:36   #2

Re: 30 Year Old Male looking to crew/split cost.

You sound like a cool person to have on a boat! I'm looking to buy a 45ft blue water soon and want to cruise it to Southern California. I'll keep you in mind.

Tags
crew