Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2010, 04:05   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam
Sails, Track and Cars Needed - 12-Meter Class

I was lucky to buy a 64 foot trimaran for a good price, however, I can't afford to buy new sails and the track and car quote came in higher then the price of a new car.

I know some of you guys out there have bags and bags of sails for your 12 meter class boats. Anyone can help out a novice sailor with a decent set of sails? I'm not particular about high tech racing sails and will use what ever the wind carries my way..

My main will accept luff size to 73.25 ft and foot up to 24.5 ft ... my jib luff is 67 ft. I can't afford a roller furler either...so a hanked on jib sail is needed. I can modify locally.

I'm in Phuket Thailand and can afford to pay shipping costs and a modest amount.

I couldn't afford a new aluminum mast so went with a tapered wood mast. I need a track and cars. There is probably no way around buying new for this one..however, any leads here would be great.

Yes I am aware of a similar size stick in Florida and California...however, I'm a bit far to pickup a whole mast and get it to my boat in Thailand.

Thanks Phil