Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2023, 07:10   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
What's the original manufacture of the rig on FP 1995-2009 models like Lavezzi, Athen

Hi all,

I am looking for the original manufacturer of the standing rig on my lavezzi but I guess they are the same on 1995-2009 models. Mast and boom is from zspar.
Zspar has a Z on their turnbuckles and other cast parts and I cannot see any of them on my Lavezzi, also not on a Lipari and a Bahia that's at my pontoon.
Also they are no photos of the turnbuckles or other standing rig parts on zspar us to check if they are similar to what I have.
Thanks.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 04:14   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II
Re: What's the original manufacture of the rig on FP 1995-2009 models like Lavezzi, A

Our Athena is Zspars. Cannot imagine that FP would have changed for the Lavezzi, but who knows. Could be that you had a non standard rig, been dismasted, furling main?
Things like turnbuckles and swaged fittings are fairly standard items and could come from any supplier.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2023, 09:16   #3

Boat: Athena 38
Re: What's the original manufacture of the rig on FP 1995-2009 models like Lavezzi, A

Hi

If you haven't already found this information, I may have found something. In 2016 I purchased a new forward crossbeam for my FP Maldives 32. I collected it from the FP factory but I believe it was built from a Z Spars extrusion by a subcontractor, who were SNFD Greements of Perigny, a suburb of La Rochelle.

I knew I had this information but didn't know where.

SNFD Greements
Avenue Loius Lumiere
ZI Perigny
17180 Perigny
France.
Boatfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2023, 18:23   #4

I got confirmed it was Zspar rig too. But eg my turnbuckles have no z stamp so they where replaced. What else was replaced or not I have no glue.
Well I will do the whole standing rig new with cos wire and bluewave hardware, top swaged terminal and bottom the screw on sta-lock type one. Top of mast terminals are all identical so I can take the forestay as longest wire twice with top fitting swaged and have the 2nd wire as replacement and in case a shroud needs replacing I can simply cut it to length and can reuse the existing screw on terminal and can do this wherever I am without any additional supplies.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:48   #5

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for the original manufacturer of the standing rig on my lavezzi but I guess they are the same on 1995-2009 models. Mast and boom is from zspar.
Zspar has a Z on their turnbuckles and other cast parts and I cannot see any of them on my Lavezzi, also not on a Lipari and a Bahia that's at my pontoon.
Also they are no photos of the turnbuckles or other standing rig parts on zspar us to check if they are similar to what I have.
Thanks.
Why the original parts manufacturer? So many (not all) mass produced boat manufacturers seem to shop around for the cheapest components, so I'd recommend finding a local rigger to supply you with the best value components, not the ones the manufacturer specced 20 years ago and stuck with because they offered the greatest margins.
The Yacht Rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yacht Rigger View Post
Why the original parts manufacturer? So many (not all) mass produced boat manufacturers seem to shop around for the cheapest components, so I'd recommend finding a local rigger to supply you with the best value components, not the ones the manufacturer specced 20 years ago and stuck with because they offered the greatest margins.
If you need to replace only parts of eg the shrouds eg the U and the T-part connecting to chainplate then this is the only way as other brands don't fit the measures you need.
If you replace completely you have free choice...

If you are local and have your boat in a fixed marina and i know the guys, sure no issue.
But if i am just on my way around the world, how should i know the rigger really delivers the kos wire that i ordered? More and more rip off nowadays if you don't have a well known rigger doing the job.
The local riggers here i would not trust to even tune my rig. The only they can do is cheap.
I prefer to order all myself and then with a help of a pro sailor who knows how to adjust and tune a rig do it myself so i know what i got.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:42   #7

Community Sponsor

Quote:
If you need to replace only parts of eg the shrouds eg the U and the T-part connecting to chainplate then this is the only way as other brands don't fit the measures you need.
If you replace completely you have free choice...

If you are local and have your boat in a fixed marina and i know the guys, sure no issue.
But if i am just on my way around the world, how should i know the rigger really delivers the kos wire that i ordered? More and more rip off nowadays if you don't have a well known rigger doing the job.
The local riggers here i would not trust to even tune my rig. The only they can do is cheap.
I prefer to order all myself and then with a help of a pro sailor who knows how to adjust and tune a rig do it myself so i know what i got.
Understand the concerns regarding KOS. How are you sure that the OEM supplier is using KOS? Honestly curious, do they supply certs or something?
The turnbuckle fittings are fairly standard, I cna think of at least two manufacturers who make matching components to what fits on the FP and Lagoon rigs. Not really anything that special.
Sorry to hear there aren't any reliable riggers nearby.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yacht Rigger View Post
Understand the concerns regarding KOS. How are you sure that the OEM supplier is using KOS? Honestly curious, do they supply certs or something?
The turnbuckle fittings are fairly standard, I cna think of at least two manufacturers who make matching components to what fits on the FP and Lagoon rigs. Not really anything that special.
Sorry to hear there aren't any reliable riggers nearby.
Can you please tell me the 2 manufacturer that make similar to zspar fittings please? I need to do some intermediate fixing so i can move on.
OEM didn't use KOS i assume but still a good wire, what sucks are turnbuckles and fittings. Known to seize up and quality is sh...
But when, which is very soon, i re-rig completely i will use KOS and i will get it from you:-) as you suggested swaged terminal on top with approx wire length and bottom the screw on sta lock type so i can adjust on the spot.
There was some kinda paint which you can apply to terminals and fittings to check for cracks, do you know the exact product by any chance?
Old 01-12-2023, 06:16   #9

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Can you please tell me the 2 manufacturer that make similar to zspar fittings please? I need to do some intermediate fixing so i can move on.
OEM didn't use KOS i assume but still a good wire, what sucks are turnbuckles and fittings. Known to seize up and quality is sh...
But when, which is very soon, i re-rig completely i will use KOS and i will get it from you:-) as you suggested swaged terminal on top with approx wire length and bottom the screw on sta lock type so i can adjust on the spot.
There was some kinda paint which you can apply to terminals and fittings to check for cracks, do you know the exact product by any chance?
Both Hayn and Blue Wave make threaded fittings with larger threads and stepped down pin sizes, if you're referencing what I think you're referencing. A lot of manufacturers don't list every single component they make in their catalogs, so Alexander Roberts and sta-lok may make one too.

Die penetrant testing kits are available online - usually with good instructions. Keep in mind they can't test for strand failure just inside the swage fitting, and you would have to completely disassemble your furler to inspect it appropriately,.

Tags
Lavezzi, model