Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2022, 22:31   #1

Flooring replacement

We’re looking at replacing the flooring in our Lavezzi galley area, but not sure where to start. It seems to be glued down to the gelcoat/fiberglass. Has anyone done this? What type of material/where should we look for replacement flooring?

Thanks!
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2022, 18:42   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Flooring replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
We’re looking at replacing the flooring in our Lavezzi galley area, but not sure where to start. It seems to be glued down to the gelcoat/fiberglass. Has anyone done this? What type of material/where should we look for replacement flooring?

Thanks!
Why you wanna rip it out? Just looking bad and used up?
Yes it’s glued down and pita to remove. Mine was changed by former owner but I don‘t like it as it’s too dark.
I will just put vinyl fake wooden click laminate floor for bathrooms over it. Only the last one at the stairs will be glued down, Rest just click.
There are 3mm thick ones with composite backing out there. I am tall so every mm headroom counts for me. The backing is important not to be wood as to the moisture of a boat that will not hold up well.
Suggest highly to get really a well known brand waterproof for bathrooms and alike and top spec for UV stability from a specialized store and not the cheap stuff from DIY Home Depot. It’s not a huge surface, so get best quality you can buy or order to your location. Got that tip from a friend who done this 3 years ago on his 380 Lagoon, he first got cheap DIY and after 8 month done it again with the expensive brand one that still looks like new after 2.5 years.

This one is 5.5mm thick but gives you an idea what i mean:
https://www.meister.com/de/produkte/...e-7387-ja.html
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2022, 19:41   #3

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Flooring replacement

My friend used that one:
https://www.planeo.de/klick-vinyl/pl...una-weiss.html

If your floor has dinks, big scratches etc. sand it even and fill voids with putty, then put the floor over. You don‘t need to glue at stairs, floors stays in place without.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring, men