Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2019, 09:31   #376

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

MAE - We are having ours pre-wired for Dive Compressor in France and then will install a Bauer Junior here in the US. It will be located in forward anchor locker.
MoggieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 20:38   #377
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi MM, thanks ,Ours is on the hard stand at the moment so a good opportunity to get one after our reef trip.... seems to be the right product...ie size, popular. Have you allowed a $ estimate...I completely forgot it in my spec?
Yes Brian agrees with you the anchor locker is the place to keep the peace & quiet
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 20:04   #378

Boat: FP Astrea 42
Send a message via Skype™ to jefffay

Can anyone give us the dimensions of the TV cut-out in the saloon? Width, height and depth.
jefffay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 21:08   #379

Tender position / Davit heights.

I'm looking for photos of just how high (or low) the tender sits when looking out the stern. I have scoured the net and can only find photos with the swimming platform option. Since only 15 have been delivered (and I don't know how many of those have the platform option) I know this might be a bit of an ask!

I'm ideally looking for a picture with the tender on the davits as I have a few shots of the davit set up already.

Thanks in advance!
VP and the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 21:41   #380

Has anybody heard that white cabinetry may be an option? Does anyone have further information? I'm looking at the furnishings in the New45 and thinking that cabinets like those might be available.
Old 13-03-2019, 22:18   #381

VP and the Fox,

Was at the Miami show and spent about 1 hr attempting to figure Platform vs davits for our Astrea (sept 2019). Could only compare the platform on the Astrea vs davits from a 2018 Lucia, which are similar set up to the Astrea. Bottom line was from my measurements, the base of platform vs a dinghy hanging from davits would be, the fact that the platform would be some 18" lower at the rear. Think flat platform extending some 4' out from stern vs dinghy being hoisted on davits at approx Click image for larger version

Name:	davits.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	187968degree angle. (See photo to give idea) .After talking with multiple people 90% of purchasers are going with platform, BUT I have decided to go with davits due to:

1)the above estimations on extension stern wise of a flat platform and associated wave impact both to windward and following and

2)cost vs having elec winch to aid in lifting with davits. I will be live aboard so that came into decision.

I realize we will be second guessing at least a dozen decisions we make outfitting, but the downsides vs upsides to me didn't make sense. Cost was same as converting from AGM to Lithium Ion so no brainer.
Old 13-03-2019, 22:23   #382

Jeffray,
The 2020 Astrea Models will have multiple upgrades to cabinetry etc. From rounded corners to the tops to additional options on colors etc. Best to contact a broker and/or FP as they have the brochures showing 2020 options and were showing them at the boat show">Miami boat show, due to lead-times on current new orders. The 2020's interior look very chic.
Old 13-03-2019, 22:30   #383

MAE
Prewire was about 500 Euro and then we are purchasing the unit - boat show price about $4,100 and will then have it installed ie wired up by ACY in Florida later in the year. I will google later in the year to see if can do better unit price but seems due to limited competition the price remains pretty static. Will be at Ft. Lauderdale show in Nov to outfit and hoping one of the suppliers will not want to ship the heavy unit back to warehouse and be willing to deal.
Old 13-03-2019, 22:54   #384

jeffray,

It looks like most have a monitor/tv mounted to the outside of the cabinetry to max space and allow swing of the monitor for better viewing. The monitor at the boat show was about the max that would fit in the space and was 36" wide by 20" high, see photos. This gives you an idea as the max size I could see fitting neatly into the space.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MaxTV.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	187969

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxtvht.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	187970

Call me if you have other questions.
Old 14-03-2019, 00:01   #385

Thanks MoggieM. That pic gives me a lot of info about how it will fit and the view out the stern. Yes, I agree with you regarding the platform and am going with the electric davit winch too. We will be liveaboards. From the looks of it the tender is going to be on a pretty severe angle if it sits up hard against the davits!

I had a look at the Lucia 40 davit set up and seems to be a bit lower. Ah well, as you say, lots to sort out but it will be great in any event!

Old 14-03-2019, 00:12   #386

MoggieM. I just found a video of one that has been delivered that has the davits with the tender on it. The angle is not too bad at all the visibility over the top of the tender is just fine.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/christophe....type=3&theater
Old 14-03-2019, 07:29   #387

Thanks David. I thought that there was a recess for the TV / monitor. I just spent a week on a Lucia 40 that did not have the recess and was fitted with an extra thick flat screen tv. The result is that I kept on hitting it coming up the steps out of the hull. I'm thinking about installing a 32" computer monitor instead of a regular telly.

I will call ACY about the rounded cabinets, our boat is slated ex-factory in Dec of this year, (slid from Nov) and I still don't have a hull number.

What's the latest on your delivery?

Jeff
Old 14-03-2019, 07:42   #388

Yes there is a small recess that was behind the monitor in the photo, not very deep though.
On delivery, FP just indicated I would get a hull number 4 months prior....so some time in June hopefully. I think that you may get lucky with you slipping to Dec as it will probably be the 2020 model with the upgrades to cabinets/getting rid of the square cabinet handles that catch all the time etc.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:10   #389

Thanks for the info David. Just confirmed with ACY that the boat will have the changed interior. I have my commissioning call with them on Tuesday so will know more soon.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:28   #390

Boat: FP Astrea 42 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffay View Post
Can anyone give us the dimensions of the TV cut-out in the saloon? Width, height and depth.
Hi Jefffay! The actual cutout in the main salon is 32"W X 21"H. Guessing that the depth was about 5 - 6" but I agree with previous post that a larger TV mounted as flush as possible with the exterior panel would be great. In case you need it the same cutout in the Maestro owners cabin is 39"W X 18"H, depth was about 6 - 8"
GRcatlover is offline   Reply With Quote