Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2015, 17:09   #1
Marine Service Provider

OCPN Beta Version 4.1 PlugIns

Ahoy testers...

A noted on the opencpn.org Downloads page ( you do read that occasionally, don't you? ), OpenCPN Version 4.1.x for Windows and linux requires a complete new set of PlugIn builds to support wxWidgets 3.0.

This is a little disruptive, I know. But it is an occasionally necessary thing as our underlying wxWidgets libraries evolve and we want to take advantage of the upstream improvements in those libraries.

nohal (pavel) is maintaining a table of the current state and URL links of the various PlugIns at:

Plugins for OpenCPN 4.1 | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Most of the popular PlugIns have been converted and built for the new libraries, and are available for download now. If you have not updated your PlugIns for Beta 4.1.x, you may wish to do so now.

Please note that the new build PlugIns are not compatible with OpenCPN V4, so you may wish to use a parallel installation of the Beta releases to avoid breaking a working O4 installation that you depend on.

Thanks for your support
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 23:53   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: OCPN Beta Version 4.1 PlugIns

It woluld be great with a PPA for the plugis so that they can be upgraded in Linux using apt-get the same way as opencpn itself.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 00:36   #3

Boat: Phantom 19

Petter...
That is exactly what we have. Is there some problem using it?

Pavel

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 01:01   #4
Marine Service Provider

Well, a sort of. I has added both nohal-opencpn and opencpn-opencpn to the /etc/apt/sources.list.d

when running apt-get update && apt-get install opencpn the latest beta of opencpn will be installed ( or "upgraded to latest beta") but the pluging will remain the same from the previous version installed ? or maybe, is it just tha case that available plugins is not compatible with the latest beta ?

hmmm, I see that I'm using apt-get install to force install the latest beta as apt-get upgrade will do nothing, and then I might install each pluging the same way to test the beta plugins ?

If you has a lot of plugins installed it would be great o be able to update the beta plugins easily.
Old 28-09-2015, 05:30   #5

Boat: Phantom 19

Petter...
So you say that you did not get 4.1.602 3 months ago and 4.1.925 on Friday using pure "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" and had to force it's installation? And your plugins were not updated to the versions compatible with 4.1 (Long time ago, there are no updates because of 4.1.925) and you were kept wit the non-compatible versions built for 4.0?
This is really weird. What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 05:44   #6
Marine Service Provider

This was on a pc that I up to now kept at O 4.0 and with plug-ins for 4.0.
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade will not install beta versions even if opencpn 4.0 is installed, but if you use apt-get update && apt-get install opencpn , the latest beta version will be installed.

Ubuntu 14.04 x32 ( xubuntu)

Tags
plug