Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2020, 13:49   #1

Boat: CSY 33 Cutter
Raymarine EV-100 AUtopilot Setup

Folks, my boat is a CSY 33, and I'm installing a Raymarine EV-100 autopilot. I do not have a rudder position sensor installed yet, so I'm doing the quick install and set-up just to get it going. The setup guide is pretty straightforward, but I'm confused about the settings for the rudder limit and the rudder travel time. Here are my two questions:

- The rudder limit setting defaults to 30 degrees...I'm assuming that is 30 degrees travel of the rudder post from center to either left full or right full rudder, correct? I'm also assuming this is primarily a display setting, to calibrate the rudder bar position bar graph on the display itself.

- The set-up guide procedure for rudder travel time involves taking the rudder to hard left, engaging the autopilot, and inserting a 100 degree course change, then timing the rudder travel with a stopwatch. The problem is that the wheel motion times out after a limited amount of travel, before the rudder even gets back to center. My question is, should the rudder travel time be the time from hard left to hard right? I've gradually increased the rudder travel time setting until the wheel travels fully from hard left to hard right when a 100-degree course change is entered. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Bruce on the Gulf
Polar Opposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 16:39   #2

Re: Raymarine EV-100 AUtopilot Setup

I don't have an answer (will be installing the pilot soon though). You can call or email Raymarine, they are pretty good about answering questions.
George_SD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, marine, raymarine