Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2024, 10:35   #61
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45
Re: New Icom M803 SSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Shick View Post
Oops. That should be 3.5mm plug, of course.
Its on the back of the m803 head unit under a waterproof twist lock cap.
svmobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2024, 06:41   #62

Yes it does cover 10Meters but only the SSB and all odes section as the radio does not do FM, As some one who owns a IC M830 The Armature bit can me switched on as described but the only way I found to switch on the VFO modes is through the cloning software and then the CH/GRP knob acts just like a VFO with out needing to use the RX/TX in the same way as you would need to if VFO mode is off. The radio does cover top band tp 10 meters including 60 meters RX and TX. I did manage to find a cloning cable ect ect. in fact i have a spare one. and once the VFO mode is on. the radio worked as any Icom HF amateur radio
Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2024, 10:22   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Shick View Post
I have bought the CS-M803 programming software and the OPC-478UC cable. I am baffled about how to connect the cable to the 803. Under the "maintenance" cover is what appears to be a mid-sized USB jack, which would fit neither the 8.5mm audio plug nor the mini USB plug that come with the cable. I'm skeptical that plugging the 8.5mm plug into the speaker socket would accomplish anything good. Give a guy a clue?
Have you found the correct connection? I see in my manual for the 803 the USB B plug marked "maintenance" seems to be the logical spot. The only two pin plug I see is for external speaker. Nothing else is marked as far as ports available in the manual.
EdenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2024, 11:11   #64
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45

Just a reminder that this is technically a dealer-only thing.. However as I mentioned in a previous reply...

"Its on the back of the m803 head unit under a waterproof twist lock cap."

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenRose View Post
Have you found the correct connection? I see in my manual for the 803 the USB B plug marked "maintenance" seems to be the logical spot. The only two pin plug I see is for external speaker. Nothing else is marked as far as ports available in the manual.

Tags
icom, ssb