Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2016, 15:52   #31
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Re: Wife vs. Boat

She should get 30 years for that kind of crap. Almost killed innocent people.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2016, 15:57   #32

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Jer View Post
...some females are just too overly emotional LOL, sad how out of control this has gotten and seemingly how acceptable it is...

Easiest way for women to find me refusing them permission to board any of my vessels? (As well as get bounced outta my life/getting the fade?)
Show jealousy towards my toys or especially question her place in the pecking order of things in my life...females are a dime a dozen and too easy to replace when one owns a Harley, boat or especially both.
your a solo sailor arn't you

Life time bachelor; divorced;
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2016, 20:45   #33
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Gosh--Talk about someone that needs "Anger Management" counseling...
As aforesaid, "Hell hath no wrath...".
She's about on par with my first wife. I had to call the cops on her several times and eventually had to resort to charging her with assault.

So she did a career change and was, last I heard, doing "anger management therapy" with children. OMG!

Not that she has changed, according to my kids anyway, who deal with her cautiously. She has only gotten slicker with her attacks. It's a heartbreaker to see what she has accomplished. But from a long line of like minded folks. It has convinced me mental illness can be inherited.
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 05:21   #34

The judge was clearly just being sexist when he said to her:

"You were a manipulative, angry and troubled individual."

Do we really need to perpetuate such stereotypes? It's as if Donald Trump was sitting on the bench over there, taking delight in offering his personal opinion about one of God's children, and we're supposed to believe the plain gender realities are just some sort of coincidence.

Should we be surprised that the article failed to mention that Not One of the floor boards where marked "sinkable" at the time she drilled the holes & left the boat.

I'm going to find a safe space at a local taxpayer funded college so that I can avoid all of this blatant political mean-speech.
dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 06:38   #35

Boat: a sailing boat

So much emotion in otherwise fishy species?

Sure that lady got pissed off and as I know our kind I can guess she had every reason to sink his toy.

Well done!

;-)

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 06:51   #36

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave777 View Post

Do we really need to perpetuate such stereotypes? It's as if Donald Trump was sitting on the bench over there, taking delight in offering his personal opinion about one of God's children, and we're supposed to believe the plain gender realities are just some sort of coincidence.

Should we be surprised that the article failed to mention that Not One of the floor boards where marked "sinkable" at the time she drilled the holes & left the boat.

I'm going to find a safe space at a local taxpayer funded college so that I can avoid all of this blatant political mean-speech.
Yeah - let's all go all in for "PC speech". No worries that the judge's comments don't perpetuate any stereotypes I am aware of. His comments could apply equally to a man or to a woman. This woman may have been exactly as described. We have (all) heard much worse said about individual men, and other women. This type of behavior is outside any acceptable norms - even if the owner might have been a despicable person, which he well might have been. She could have killed one or more people. If a man had done it, the description given by the judge would also fit the bill.

Having said that, there are some rank and despicable sexist comments on here. I could name names but we all know who they are. They actually seem proud of it.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 07:04   #37
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Wife vs. Boat

I get sick of all this Psycho Babble ******** blaming education, upbringing, poverty blah blah blah.. poor me its everyone else's fault...
There's selfish ME ME's at any cost aka Users and Abusers.. and normal folk with a sense of morality and generosity..
Everyone gets to make a Choice.. simple as that.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 09:16   #38

Boat: a sailing boat

Given the number of boats around and the average asking on the Yachtworld, whatever that lady did was of minor social and economical impact. If I were her judge, I would simply make her promise she would never ever again play with the drill.

Given how much acceptance and indifference there is for bullying, I do not find it odd when people blow up and act in a somewhat exaggerated (in other circumstances) way.

Every time a bike gets stolen we report it to the harbour police ... and all we ever get is that odd look. Imagine the day we catch one of the thieves ... how can we justify not drowning the bastard?

The society, the police, the whole system are always, to some extent, responsible for NOT taking enough action quick enough. We should have been more active when that guy was shouting at that lady while docking that men's toy.

Bingo.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 09:34   #39
CLOD

Boat: none

what

I get the feeling that a lot of the thread replies are from people who didn't read the full story.
Old 21-03-2016, 12:50   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
what

I get the feeling that a lot of the thread replies are from people who didn't read the full story.
Or the other posts!

Was this too subtle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave777
dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 13:12   #41
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Wife vs. Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
what

Either that or they're into the wife having threesomes on their boats...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 13:19   #42

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
The judge was clearly just being sexist when he said to her: "You were a manipulative, angry and troubled individual."
That is not sexist at all.
Men can be manipulative. Men can be angry. Men can be troubled.

They're trades that can be found in both sexes. Nothing sexist about it.

If you think that's sexist, you apparently think only females can be manipulative / angry / troubled ... which makes you a tat sexist.

Old 21-03-2016, 13:20   #43

Quote:

Im sorry but im a Taswegian, how is that comment 'sexist'?
Old 22-03-2016, 00:31   #44

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Im sorry but im a Taswegian, how is that comment 'sexist'?
I watched one of your parliamentary representatives on TV last night, and you have a lot more than sex amongst the isms to worry about mate?
RaymondR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 00:49   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
I watched one of your parliamentary representatives on TV last night, and you have a lot more than sex amongst the isms to worry about mate?
Yes, im well aware of that. But there only senators. And frankly, all the states have their weird reps. Just look at Q'land, the guy with the big hat

But, i still dont see how the comment was in any way sexist