Up to date information will be critical. We went north in April, from Stuart to DC., about a week behind Bob Scherer, and his posts on Active Captain
were invaluable. Coming south in July, a lot of the problem spots had changed in the intervening 10 weeks. There will be certain areas you will have to wait for mid-tide or higher, especially with a 6-foot draft
. We draw 4, and had to wait in several places, though our tides were extreme due to moon phase. Do you research
each evening for the next day.
If I were to do it again, I would go outside as much as possible.