Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 19:11   #181

Boat: too many
Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Never going to sign. Because the cockpit was full of blood and bottles. Those bottles did not get there from the other boat. Sobriety tests showed that the owner was drunk, piss poor police work yes. Defendant has past history and then more.
I know this is unpopular but man you own the boat. It's your responsibility to get back in. That means your not trashed out drifting. It means you know your lights are on. Your not hanging with a trashed drunk bunch. You are owner and aware. I am so not convinced that anyone aboard was sober and pretty sure the owner was not either sober or alert..
Links to the "past history"?

Dinius, the man on the tiller blew 0.08, so depending on his weight 2~3 drinks. Russell Perdock, the drunk operator of the powerboat, just happens to be the deputy sheriff of Lake County and wasn't tested. Witnesses had seen Russell Perdock drinking all afternoon at the Konocti Club before getting in his powerboat at dark.

Evidence proved the lights were on on the sailboat.

So again, offer up some links as to your perception of this event.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:12   #182
cruiser

Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

One, this is an old thread. Like a year old.

Two, our court system does not respond to petitions, thank god.

Three, I never sign anything with only one side of the story.

Four, no one here has access to both sides of the story.
Jammer Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:42   #183

Boat: PETERSON 44
Good and thanks, I am a persistent dumb ass that saw this yet again. I was sick at the forensic pictures. Really think no one was free from obligation. Who was in charge of the sailboat? Was the police guy okay? Point is your boat your on the water be responsible. Otherwise it's a crap shoot. Especially if you have past convictions for being drunk.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:48   #184

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.

Whatever spins your wheels sabray, troll.
Just let us know when you around so we can keep a good AFT lookout and keep our friends and family out of harms way. Farkn tail gater.

A
lateral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 22:27   #185

Actually lateral I'm allowed the opinion even if its not popular. That's not trolling. The sail boat was far from sober command. The officer was tested but the evidence was not handled as well as it should have. The filaments on the nav lights were not connected. How you ascertain that they failed at an impact is pretty questionable. The sv was awash in victim blood and and bottles
A lot of emotion giving the tragic result but the facts are not so clear that ongoing discourse and litigation have any value. We're the owner sober and in control this would have been more clear. A power boat has navigation rights. If you are a owner operating a boat intoxicated and can't clearly discuss the state of your navigation lights and some idiot plies into you.This could repeat itself again. I am not going to be sympathetic to anyone except the innocent lost lives. I think there is a failure like most. A compilation of bad things not one single failure.
Old 08-01-2013, 22:43   #186

Boat: too many

0.08 = "far from sober command"? I'm not taking the bait on this one.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 23:11   #187

Not correct. This reported by the insurer of the sv.
Note I'm not trying to change information. I'm just not a fan that this has been one sided. So I didn't delete the other pieces. BAC is at .12
Alcohol. Right from the start, questions were raised about how the investigation was handled. As soon as the police arrived, Dinius was given a breathalyzer test and later a blood test at the hospital. He was found to have a BAC of .12. The bigger issue is Deputy Sheriff Perdock’s blood alcohol level. A Lake County sergeant told a local TV reporter that he was instructed by a superior not to give a breathalyzer test to Chief Deputy Perdock. Instead, Lake County Sheriff James Beland drove Perdock to a nearby hospital where a blood sample was taken.
Old 08-01-2013, 23:23   #188

So its not so clear to the troll guy thats getting beat up for having a dufferent opinion. from boat us site It’s worth noting that the switch for the running light breaker switch on the boat was in the “OFF” position, although this could have happened when the boat was struck and the electrical wire supplying voltage to the light was severed. The cabin light switch was “ON.” The sailboat was left unsecured for at least nine hours after the accident and the observation was recorded two days after the collision. This was not addressed in the lake County Sheriff’s Department report.
Old 08-01-2013, 23:32   #189

So to get to .12 for an average person that's 7 drinks within a hour. Hardly sober. Lets figure that its better then a beer every 10 minutes non stop for a hour. Again this is not so cut and dry
Old 09-01-2013, 00:05   #190

Boat: Dufour35 1982 and Moody 425

So a cop who could have been pissed, tail gates someone who could have been pissed and it is the fault of the guy we got nailed? My concern is that on both sides of our border cops increasingly have a reputation for covering up for each other.

To me the very fact that the cop who was seen, drinking heavily, was not treated in the same as the other party in the accident that led to a homicide, is every reason to open the case again and to find answers why the head of the department did not see tha standard procedure was followed. Also Sabray as you point out, the boat was not secured as a crime scene should be. This leads again to speculation that tampering of evidence could have occurred.
NorthPacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:12   #191
Marine Service Provider

County Sheriff that killed

Did anyone see the episode of America wildest police chases where the cop ran head on into a motorcyclist by crossing over into the oncoming motorcycle? Why is this not crime? if any non cop did this we would be in jail and the excuse of "the biker would not stop" is NO reason for trying to kill someone.
wtmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:24   #192

Boat: Under construction 35' ketch (and +3 smaller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Actually lateral I'm allowed the opinion even if its not popular. That's not trolling. The sail boat was far from sober command..
Dunno the law where you come from but around her it doesn't give a permit to ram a drunken sailor. And if it does how the h*** the deputy knew that? Hope you tell your whereabouts so we can stay away..
TeddyDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:32   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Coops, you did it, your # 1,000 so job is done. I believe the good folks here at CF generated about 200+ signatures, thank you all.
Now that you got your number of signatures, has anything been done?
-Bruce

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:11   #194

Signed. It's important to prosecute police officers who commit crimes and then use their badge as a shield against justice.
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32   #195
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Sign the petition to prosecute the Lake County Sheriff that killed the sailor

Regardless of alcohol levels the power boat should be prosecuted for manslaughter anyway... it is the overtaking vessels duty to stay clear in all circumstances... and the only way to tailgate is to come from behind... ergo overtake...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote