Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2019, 15:06   #1

Boat: Currently boatless
Raymarine mounting studs and nuts

Anyone know of a source for these for ST60s? I could make them but would prefer OEM. Raymarine has not responded to an inquiry a month ago.🤬
Ken Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 18:40   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
Re: Raymarine mounting studs and nuts

I called Raymarine to order the studs. After getting runaround and holding finally got someone service department and described exactly what I needed which was the studs only. They gave me a part number and passed me over to the order department, gave them the number and paid extra for express shipping because I was seriously pressed for time. Opened the package when it came and they'd sent me the nuts, not the studs. I was so pissed after spending hours on the phone to finally get someone who supposedly understood what I needed and paying extra for express shipping. Ended up fabricating the studs by cutting the heads off SS metric machine screws. Hope the SS doesn't cause problems as the Raymarine studs are brass/bronze. Because of the delay in getting the parts wasn't able to install the instrument heads last time we were at the boat. Hope to get it done this week.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 04:03   #3

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Raymarine mounting studs and nuts

They use the same studs and nuts on some of their new gear so they are still made. Maybe an installer has some extras. I just flush mounted two new Axiom 9s on a friends boat and the same old studs/nuts were provided in flush mount kit.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, raymarine