Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2020, 02:46   #1

Boat: Nordic 40
Thumbs up Bob Perry Talks: Designing for Nordic Yachts, Social Media & Design in a Digital Age

Hey guys - I had a chance to sit down with Bob Perry and for an interview for the new Nordic Yacht Owners Association. We had a lot of fun and people seem to enjoy it so I thought I'd reshare with wider community. Hope you guys like it.

Bob H Perry Talks About : Designing for Nordic Yachts, The Importance of Social Media and Designing in a Digital Age – Nordic Yacht Owner's Association

Enjoy
toms-gonesailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 09:16   #2

Boat: Ranger 33
Re: Bob Perry Talks: Designing for Nordic Yachts, Social Media & Design in a Digital

Thanks for sharing this. An excellent look down memory lane through the thoughts/anecdotes of the Master Builder Bob. I looked up 3 boats whilst listening.
suederat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2024, 19:34   #3

Re: Bob Perry Talks: Designing for Nordic Yachts, Social Media & Design in a Digital

I hope this site isn't lost and gone forever...any way to get this podcast back online??
night0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2024, 20:28   #4

Boat: Nordic 40

Should be working now!
toms-gonesailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2024, 21:34   #5
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41

Thank you! Great interview!

dj
dlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 17:46   #6

Boat: Catalina 36 MarkII

Quick story about Bob Perry.
When I was a young teen, I wanted to be a yacht designer. This is back in the 80's. I wrote a letter to Bob and we began corresponding on the regular. My Dad hooked me up with an sweet drafting table and I would send some of my designs to Bob who would send me critiques, advice, and even invited this New Englander out to Washington.

Life changes, I did not follow the Yacht Designer path, but reached out to Bob 2 years ago and reconnected. The man is a legend and you can feel his passion for his work in any interaction.
Cheers!
LibertyAtNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 00:44   #7
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Bob Perry was a member here until he was bullied away. We lost many good contributors that way

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:27   #8

Boat: Nordic 44

Well, the new website is very interesting. Apparently the OP is not aware that there is a google groups dedicated to Nordic 40 and 44 owners that has been running for years with many participants. One of the partners in the original Nordic Yachts and Norstar yachts - Steve Nordtvedt is very active there. He has many records from the original builds and is an excellent excellent information source.

I have not had much time to explore the new website or listen to the Bob Perry interview yet.

Having owned a Nordic 44 (1985 SE hull #29) for the last 34 years I may very well be the longest time of ownership owner.

Any Nordic owner that is interested in joining the google groups please send me a pm.

I look forward to future discussions about Nordics.
stormalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:33   #9

Boat: Nordic 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Bob Perry was a member here until he was bullied away. We lost many good contributors that way
That is a shame. I have met Bob a few times and he is a very nice guy. There is a Bob Perry rendezvous here in Puget Sound every summer.

We do have some characters here that like to prove that they are a$$holes.
stormalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nordic, yacht