Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2019, 22:34   #16

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462
Re: 5-year USCG online renewal???

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v michaela View Post
I got one.. I just called the documentation center and asked how to do it. The docs had to be in a pdf and sent in through an email. The payment was 130 through the govt web site. Not a big deal.
Sure is a lot of strange answers from the armchair crowd....
Did you add a note on your pdf that you wanted 5 yr renewal?
waterman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 19:39   #17

Boat: 75' steel sutton ketch,Warwick 70' aluminum sloop

Yes.. it was emailed stating the registration was for 5 years. I did resend the payment in because I didnt get a receipt from the nvdc ...... turns out that they did receive it but refused to give me a refund so I ended up spending $260 rather than $130. Thanks uncle sam... hope you put the extra $130 to good use....
s/v michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 17:43   #18

Boat: 1978 True North 34

Our 2019 USCG COD Renewal Process.

We first went to the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) website and downloaded and reviewed the new submission requirements contained in a PDF file titled, Certificate Of Documentation Application For Renewal (NVDCINST 16713). The instructions were pretty clear - the online Pay.gov website was to be used ONLY for a 1-year COD renewal; the 5-year COD renewal required the submission of approved USCG forms available on their website.

We downloaded the following PDF files from the NVDC Instructions and Forms webpage.

We easily filled out the CG-1280 Renewal of Certificate of Documentation form in a few minutes - it has detailed instructions printed right on the form.

When we filled out the CG-7042 Credit Card Form, we followed the requirements identified in the PDF file titled, Certificate Of Documentation Application For Renewal (NVDCINST 16713). On the CG-7042 form, in section L. INDICATE SERVICE REQUIRED, we checked the block "Application for Renewal $26.00". We also checked the block "Other" and filled in the entry fields as follows: Other __2-5 YEAR RENEW__ Amount $ 104.00_. This results in block I. AMOUNT OF CHARGE being filled in as $130.00. The rest of the form CG-7042 was filled out as required.

Both filled out forms, CG-1280 and CG-7042, were scanned and made into an single PDF file. This PDF file was attached to an email and sent to the NVDC at email address NVDC.PDF.FILING@uscg.mil per the instructions in PDF file, Filing of Instruments via .pdf/Fax/Mail.

More of what we did is at: https://www.sailingindra.com/2019/04...documentation/
Joe Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote