Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2018, 11:37   #16

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.
Re: Relative passed, boat in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstevens View Post
The marina at Progreso is very small, but nearby in Yucalpeten, there are 8 marinas. The owner of one, Marina Paraiso, is Manuel Jose Gutierrez.
My guess is that he could be very helpful. He has told me that he can help with customs, port captain, etc. He speaks perfect English, and is a very nice guy.
His email address is marinaparaiso@yahoo.com.mx
There you go, very good advice and excellent contact. Your estimate of the cats value could even be a bit low. Cats are a hot item, and if you read this forum much you will see that people are willing to travel to buy. Pictures and basic condition report would help us out in determining value. Worth some time and money to get some details. ( wish someone would leave me a cat)
captlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 16:59   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstevens View Post
The marina at Progreso is very small, but nearby in Yucalpeten, there are 8 marinas. The owner of one, Marina Paraiso, is Manuel Jose Gutierrez.
My guess is that he could be very helpful. He has told me that he can help with customs, port captain, etc. He speaks perfect English, and is a very nice guy.
His email address is marinaparaiso@yahoo.com.mx
Looks like it's right next door to Progreso (if this is the one)

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place...8!4d-89.695786

Galeria - Marina Paraiso
panglaodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 18:32   #18

Didn't get left the cat, just a % when everything is said an done. I am just concerned that the trustees might screw the paper work up and get the boat taken by customs in Mexico. I am stuck sail camping 2 weeks a year for a few more years.
jayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 21:27   #19

Boat: Tayana 37 PH

My two cents into the discussion. Researching recently on the subject because I am in process of looking a boat in Mexico.
The TIP cancellation might (I said "might" ) be a big deal if no owner (who actually opened TIP) present. Proof of the death document (notarized and translated) might work. The only way l() legal one is to check it with customs bank in Mexico. You can just take the boat back to US without closing the TIP - you screw-up the next owner because he can't open a new TIP on a boat with open one. But... This is Mexico (money always talk) and there are always ways around. Not dirt cheap but it worth it. I know who does it in West Coast Baja, may be they willing to work with you on East Cost - ping me with PM. Ot you can sell her in Mexico through a broker - they know ways around a TIP problems
Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 09:22   #20

Sorry for the late response, the boat was move to the Gulf coast of Mississippi in the summer or 2018.
jayfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, boat