Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 13:21   #151

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
And after you get it all figured out, lose Norton completely......wait........you can't uninstall all of it - it won't allowy you to no matter what you try. You will have to format your drive and start all over again......

Computers.........Sheesh!

Norton........Sheesh cubed!!!
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 02:16   #152

Send a message via Skype™ to phiggins
Routes

I'm trying to use routes in SeaClear and noticed that when you activate a route it always starts at the second waypoint WP-2. Why doesn't it start at the first waypoint? Is this a bug or some setting in SeaClear or just my misunderstanding of using a route.

To get around this problem I have to create the first two waypoints close together so even though it picks the second one, its near the start of the route.

The 'Next Waypoint' setting in the properties doesn't affect its decision on the starting waypoint.

If I upload the route to my chartplotter, it allows me to select the first waypoint so I don't know why SeaClear picks the scond one.

Paul
phiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 23:14   #153

Ok guys, I'll re-downoad the .kap files from the raster page. this may have
been my problem, and turn off Norton. Will update soon.
Thanks,
Marshall
mswkickdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 21:32   #154

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

I re-downloaded only one chart, used the "raster" charts button at NOAA.
Downloaded the chart to a folder on my desktop to a folder I made just
for this instance. Unziped it to "charts" folder in seaclear. chose "search
for new charts" in mapcal, found it, opened it in mapcal. Opened it in
seaclear. Wow thanks for the help! I guess before I was either downloading
the wrong type of chart or too many (all of pacific) at once.

Marshall
mswkickdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 20:13   #155

SeaClear Chart Orientation

Has anyone else experienced that some of the charts displayed using SeaClear are inverted (180 degrees upside down)? When panning from Neuse River chart 11552 to the right side edge where it joins 11541 (pan until the cursor cross hair grows arrows to link the next chart), 11541 is upside down. I have tried downloading 11552 and 11541 separately and experienced the same inverted 11541 result. I can pan back to 11552, the orientation is correct, repeat the panning back to 11541 and it is inverted every time. Does anyone know if 11541 is one of these charts printed on the back of another chart which may explain why it is inverted? If that is the case does anyone know if there is a solution to work around this?

Thanks

Steve
Steevmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 20:51   #156
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
I checked tonight. You're right NOAA chart 11541 seems to be disoriented. It's the correct chart, but North is pointing downward.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 21:09   #157
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
I'm pretty sure the chart you found is an encoding problem and not a Seaclear problem.

Over the years, I have found charts that display wrong in Nobeltec, as well. Of the ones I specifically remember, one was a NOAA chart, 2 were Maptech photo charts (slanted about 30 degrees) and one was from Nobeltec.

Also, I have gotten corrupted files from the NOAA site several times. This has happened on the ENCs as well as the rasters. But, these either blew up during download or could not be opened by Nobeltec at all. Each time, I tried every once in a while, and eventually they must have fixed them, 'cause I was able to download them.

So, if I was you, I'd just wait a few days and download that chart again.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 21:48   #158

Just used the NOAA on-line viewer on chart 11541, it appears upside down there as well. Not a SeaClear problem.

Steve
Steevmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 00:48   #159

I am wondering if the chart can be opened in SeaClear's MapCal program and fixed that way? Does anyone know?
Daddy's Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 07:30   #160

I tried opening it with Fugawi and it has the same problem but if I use Capn Voyager it recognizes it doesn't have north of and opens it correctly with North Up.

I think it has something to do with the skew setting in the .KAP file file for 11541_1. It is set to SK=219.4534139 all the rest have SK=0.0000000. I tried changing it to 0.0000000 but SeaClear still loaded it with North down. Must be something else that needs to be changed to load it correctly like Capn does.

Paul
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46   #161

BsbImport

I found a plugin for Adobe Photoshop (and other photo programs that support Adobe plugins) called BsbImport that allows you to load BSB chart. With it you could load that bad chart into your photo program, rotate it so north is up then file it as a BMP then use MapCal to calibrate it for SeaClear.s

Its at:
Download BSB Import - Photoshop Plugin to edit NOAA BSB Charts

Paul
Old 22-11-2008, 14:43   #162

Can I find charts in my PC using chart numbers?

I am trying to learn/use SeaClear. Whenever I want to find a chart the only search method is to use a chart-name search and I do not know the names of each chart.

On the other hand, various guide books on the ICW say go to chart 12206 and so forth with no chart name listed.

My question is, can I locate a chart using seaclear by entering a chart number only?

To me not being able to find a chart by its chart number makes SeaCLear almost useless when you're also using various cruising guide books.

Help,
Old 22-11-2008, 20:06   #163

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryF View Post
My question is, can I locate a chart using seaclear by entering a chart number only?
Per the manual, you can set

Use Chart Numbers=1

in the [Program Setup] section of SeaClear_2.ini. Then load mapcal and recreate the autoload list.

The nice thing about this option is that you can use both names and numbers for searches or whatever, as both the name and chart # will display.

Hope that helps...
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 04:00   #164

Chart Numbers=1

Scotte,

This is something I have never been able to get to work. I just tried it again, adding Chart Numbers=1 to the [Program Setup] section of SeaClear_2.ini, then load mapcal and recreate the autoload list. Without any luck, SeaClear still only displays the Description and Scale when I do a List All and I if search by chart number it doesn't find it.

I'm using the latest version of SeaClear 1.0.0.196. What version is yours and would you mind posting your SeaClear_2.ini so I can try it.

Thanks

Old 24-11-2008, 09:40   #165

Phiggins,

Go back to Gene1234's post dated 7/20/2008. It appears that MAYBE the command should be: Use Chart Numbers=0

This, of course, is opposite of what the SeaClear Manual says.

If you try it please tell me if it worked...thanks.