Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 17:31   #61
SG

Boat: J/160 #12
Version 12 MaxSea is the first Vista compatible version?

MaxSea : new version Vista compatible
SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 03:49   #62

Boat: EliBit, Evolution 25
careful with vista / maxsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
be careful with vista & maxsea and not jumping to quick to it as many charts are not compatible (yet)
bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 17:17   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon View Post
If you get into the nitty gritty of Maxsea, you will find that the amount of RAM is not what the program is accessing. The architecture of Maxsea was built for the WIN 95 era, where SWAPFILE or PAGING FILE (memory on HARD DRIVE) usage was used instead of RAM. As ram was very expensive in the 'old' days.
If your laptop has 1, 2, or more GB RAM, it does not matter. To run Maxsea in every version, you need to just set the Paging (Swap) file to zero, as it really is of not much use anymore with so much RAM available.
Can you confirm that for MaxSea v12.6.3.7 too? I want to try this version on a laptop with Vista. AFAIK, it work with cm93 ed3 charts only! Is that true? Thanks!
koldun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 02:48   #64

Boat: Van de Stadt 38'

Quote:
Originally Posted by koldun View Post
Can you confirm that for MaxSea v12.6.3.7 too? I want to try this version on a laptop with Vista. AFAIK, it work with cm93 ed3 charts only! Is that true? Thanks!
Version 12 does not recognise the CM93 directory charts, as these are in a different format but you can still run BSb charts (or similar)
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 10:29   #65

Hello all, I am new here. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my hands on any Maxsea version. Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe pm me?

Many thanks
jimcanswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 14:02   #66
adv

hello all,
if some of you speak or at least understand french in this moment you can try to ask for help to your maxsea problems in a nautical french site where maxsea is solving many problems to there clients.
i don't now if is't good to put the adress directely here but if you google STW you will find it and in the left colun there is maxsea answering many questions and i'm sure they speak english to.
it was good also that cruiser & sailing forums tried to have this service with them.
ther was also a lot of problems with the french users and they are triyng to solv them +/- online
regards

"Bonjour à tous,

C´est en accord avec l´équipe STW que nous avons décidé d´ouvrir ce sujet à propos de notre logiciel de navigation MaxSea.

Nous développons nos logiciels en fonction des besoins des navigateurs et profitons de chaque retour ou commentaire de nos utilisateurs pour déterminer nos axes de développement qu´ils soient techniques ou commerciaux.

Le forum STW est en ce sens, un bon moyen de recueillir vos commentaires et de donner réponse à vos questions. En effet, en naviguant sur les forums STW, on peut trouver de nombreux sujets concernant nos logiciels, recensant doutes, questions techniques et parfois plaintes.

Grâce à STW, nous allons donc répondre à vos questions quelles qu'elles soient par l'intermédiaire de ce forum. Nous nous efforceront également de parcourir le forum pour donner des réponses aux questions soulevées dans d´autres sujets.

Enfin, nous tenons à vous rappeler que notre équipe technique est à votre disposition (support@maxsea.fr ) ainsi que notre service commercial (info@maxsea.fr ). Ils pourront vous donner une réponse en mois de 24h (jours ouvrés).

En espérant vous voir nombreux sur ce forum,

L'équipe MaxSea."
adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 22:26   #67

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcanswim View Post
Hello all, I am new here. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my hands on any Maxsea version. Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe pm me?
Sure, here's the list of dealers where you can purchase it: How To Buy MaxSea ?
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 16:55   #68

Boat: Chris White A47 Mastfoil
Anybody using Maxsea with a MAC and VMWare Fusion?

Would you recommend it or just buy a PC to run it.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 18:02   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRhapCity View Post
Anybody using Maxsea with a MAC and VMWare Fusion?

Would you recommend it or just buy a PC to run it.
Well, I tried it in Parallels, but unfortunately between my relatively slow mac laptop and running it inside an emulator the performance was frustrating.

Instead I purchased MacEnc which, in combination with a couple of other software and data tools, provides all the functionality I require. You might check out MacSailing.net for other mac software/hardware discussions.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog anchored in a coral atoll.
Amgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 14:11   #70

Boat: Columbia 41
I was having problems with Maxsea interfacing with my GPS. I sent an email to Rob at: rob1@cruisingservices.net and he had me set right in a few minutes. This guy was a cruising sailor and now is in IT.
Sam Plan B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxsea