Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2023, 10:07   #61

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: I-Sailor price increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
My android iSailor apps on my galaxy phone and tablet are still there, but now that they have stopped supporting android and withdrawn the app from the store the charts are out of date and will stay that way......useless!

I have iSailor Android version on an older (but not ancient) Galaxy Tab... that runs an older version of Android. Wifey's new Galaxy Tab, newest Android, no iSailor version available.

I still might be getting free chart updates; that lasted well past the demise of Android support... although the latest I have right now are only 5/31/22.

The version on my tablet was actually almost useless from the git-to, though. Depth numbers don't scale with zoom in/zoom out... so screen clutter makes it relatively impossible to use the app anyway. And it was that way from first installation...

-Chris
Old 05-04-2023, 06:33   #62

I am no longer able to see (or restore) my recently purchased chart subscriptions - does anyone else have a similar issue. Perhaps ITeam has something to say?

Thanks

David.
DavidGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 20:49   #63

Boat: Nautitech 44.2

I have been using iSailor for many years on iPad and Android.

I just installed it on a new Android tablet from a download I found at https://www.apkfollow.com/app/wartsi...ninav.plotter/

All working fine and I could restore charts I already purchased... but today when I go to the chart store it is empty!!!
If anyone finds a way to buy new charts, just let us know.

So as a backup I just subscribed to the Navionics charts I need... just in case!
Philtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:50   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtao View Post

I just installed it on a new Android tablet from a download I found at https://www.apkfollow.com/app/wartsi...ninav.plotter/

All working fine and I could restore charts I already purchased... but today when I go to the chart store it is empty!!!

Don't see how that could work. Says for Android versions 4.4 through 10. I wasn't able to find any version in the Play Store for our newest tablet, which came as Android 11 and is now updated to Android 13.

?????

The iSailor version we have on an older tablet, v2.81 which maxed out at Android 9 (same as this APK I think), never did work properly. Depth soundings don't scale with display zoom levels, so either the screen is readable up to about 1 NM @ 1:40,000... and useless after that.

-Chris
Old 06-05-2023, 07:07   #65
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Guys, you must have missed it… iSailoris for iOS only now, they dropped Android versions.

Quote:

So as a backup I just subscribed to the Navionics charts I need... just in case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger58sb View Post
Don't see how that could work. Says for Android versions 4.4 through 10. I wasn't able to find any version in the Play Store for our newest tablet, which came as Android 11 and is now updated to Android 13.

?????

The iSailor version we have on an older tablet, v2.81 which maxed out at Android 9 (same as this APK I think), never did work properly. Depth soundings don't scale with display zoom levels, so either the screen is readable up to about 1 NM @ 1:40,000... and useless after that.

-Chris

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:21   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Guys, you must have missed it… iSailoris for iOS only now, they dropped Android versions.

Yep, I knew it, Wartsila confirmed it to me, posted that up thread a long time ago...

I was just questioning Phil's "I just installed it on a new Android tablet" post. Maybe hoping "just installed" and "new" might imply there's some (orphan?) version of the Android app that actually works.

-Chris
Old 07-05-2023, 14:05   #67

Quote:

?????

-Chris
I have a Tripltek tablet with Android 9. All works fine with iSailor v2.81. Depth soundings scale properly - see attached screenshot.

But if the product is no longer supported then we cannot trust it for navigation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230508-085536.png
Views:	38
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	275094  
Old 08-05-2023, 04:21   #68

Quote:
I have a Tripltek tablet with Android 9. All works fine with iSailor v2.81. Depth soundings scale properly - see attached screenshot.

But if the product is no longer supported then we cannot trust it for navigation.
Ours scales OK at 500m too. Try it at 3 NM, see what that looks like.

In any case, our charts are now outdated... so I only keep it around in case our 2 plotters, our laptop, the other tablet, and our 2 phones all go south at the same time... while the older tablet for some reason also refuses to display AquaMap.

Or IOW... I only keep it around because I haven't erased it yet.

-Chris
Old 08-05-2023, 15:50   #69

Quote:
Ours scales OK at 500m too. Try it at 3 NM, see what that looks like.
-Chris
Works fine at all scales for us in New Zealand. Maybe it depends on the charts themselves?

In any case I agree with you that it cannot be relied on and is only used as one of the many backups (I just liked the look and feel - but change is good to keep us alert!)
Old 08-05-2023, 16:14   #70

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Works good for me in Chile. Haven't bothered with the updates as not a lot changes hereabouts. Excellent detailed coverage of lots of caletas such as Caleta Cifuncho - between here and the Peruvian border. Longitudes are 'out' around Tres Montes.... but that applies to all the charts I have seen thus far.
Old 09-05-2023, 00:51   #71
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

For me the important feature of iSailor is that it originates from Transas with a worldwide independent chart library. This provides a true 2nd look at areas instead of multiple copies of the same.

Simply get an iPad for this and it’s fully functional and supported. I can even drive my autopilot with it, incl. dodging crab pots etc. It even supports Apple Watch.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
price, sail