Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2022, 17:31   #1

Hiding items in navionics?

I have primarily used navionics to plan my "passages" to get down the length of the ICW from anchorage to anchorage. I've also been consulting waterway guides. But one thing that bothers me is having so much superfluous data. I have very specific requirements I try to find in each anchorage, so most don't fill the bill. It would be great if after viewing any data item and deciding it is non applicable (private yacht club, bridge I will always clear, anchorage I don't like, etc.) That I could hide that data.

I can't find a way to do this, is there a way to do it?

- AT
Atcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:28   #2

Re: Hiding items in navionics?

I've used Navionics for 10 years now, and I don't think there is a way to deselect certain data that you no longer want to see. There is however an "Easy View" option under map Options that enlarges some fonts and suppresses some of the chart details and depth markers to declutter a chart view. But you can't move things in or out of that view, it's either On or Off.

You can approach this the other way - Navionics does let you place pins and icons anywhere you want. I sometimes do this at favored alternate anchorages on the way somewhere so they are easy to pick out at a glance if I got caught in weather or was looking at a lee shore/wind direction/swell condition I didn't expect.
BrianInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianInBoston View Post
I've used Navionics for 10 years now, and I don't think there is a way to deselect certain data that you no longer want to see. There is however an "Easy View" option under map Options that enlarges some fonts and suppresses some of the chart details and depth markers to declutter a chart view. But you can't move things in or out of that view, it's either On or Off.

You can approach this the other way - Navionics does let you place pins and icons anywhere you want. I sometimes do this at favored alternate anchorages on the way somewhere so they are easy to pick out at a glance if I got caught in weather or was looking at a lee shore/wind direction/swell condition I didn't expect.
Thanks for the reply. This is basically what I ended up doing, although I moved to openCPN to do it. I didn't try adding pins to navionics, assuming more clutter would make things harder. I think as my cruising matures I'll continue to cultivate my openCPN points so I can reference those during planning.

- AT
Old 11-02-2022, 05:24   #4

Boat: Camano Troll

Navionics doesn't have the features or options of a "real" chart plotter. You get what the programmer decided to put in.
Old 18-02-2022, 07:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianInBoston View Post

Brian,
Out of curiosity, I just tried this out of curiosity and I like that the pins are visible even zoomed out. It will be nice not to have to reference openCPN but to be able to mark off "ATs" anchorages. Thank you.

Chris

Tags
navionics