Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-10-2015, 22:17   #1

Boat: Colvin, Saugeen Witch (Aluminum), 34'
Videos of Anchors Setting

This thread contains excellent information and videos of anchors setting and how they set. There is another thread that contains pictures of anchors setting and that thread also contains excellent information. Here is a link to the other thread:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ng-126073.html

Previously, I posted some Videos of anchors setting over in Noelex's "Photos of Anchors Setting thread". I have another new video so I thought I would start this thread to keep all the videos in one place.

Others with video footage of anchor use should feel free to add them if they wish.

I will keep testing and filming different anchors as they become available to me.

This week, an acquaintance loaned to me a Fortress FX-16 anchor weighing in at 10 pounds. This was my first hands-on experience with a fortress anchor and I was very eager to see if it would live up to the great reputation that these anchors enjoy.

And live up it did! I gave it the full, abusive torture treatment that the other anchors received. The anchor set immediately and repeatedly brought Panope to abrupt halts from as much as 3.6 knots.

I have been wanting to add a Fortress anchor to my arsenal for some time but I figured this 10 pounder would be under sized. After this test, I quickly realized that this is just what I need for a stern/rowable anchor. Ended up buying this anchor from the person who loaned it for the test.

Steve

Here is the new Fortress Video:

Here are the other 6 videos that I have already posted:

Panope is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor