Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2019, 14:14   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: anchor-outs have significantly harmed the ecosystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
For the forests that burned the last couple years in Northern California, over 60% were Federal forests. I do know that Cal Fire does do some controlled Burns in the spring. California generally has six months of rain and six months of sunshine. It's at the end of that six months of sunshine where the fire danger is dangerous High. Actually it's pretty dry in July too for that matter.

Usually by June the are not controlled burns anywhere as its just too dry.

I understand, you can’t stop the fires with controlled burning, but you can mitigate the damage.
I actually know a bit about California’s fire programs from my knowledge of what is called the “SEAT” program, which is single engine air tankers.
It’s Ag spray planes converted and or used for fire suppression.
Let’s just say that fires in California are BIG business and everyone has an agenda, and putting out a fire isn’t surprisingly usually it.
Quite a few actually benefit from big destructive fires, but don’t from little fires that are quickly extinguished and or prevented.

Someone stands to benefit from this anchor damage study, often times it’s as simple as follow the money to determine who that person is, who funded the study is often the answer.

I had a German friend who told me several German “sayings”
One of my favorites was “Statistics are like a Lady of the Evening, if your paying, you get what you pay for.”

Transpose Statistics for Studies and it still works.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor