Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2022, 19:50   #1

Boat: 1974 Olympic Adventure Ketch
Inflatable Fender Brand Luoweikadeng

Hi Cruisers,
As we gear up for our next big trip, we'd like to augment our supply of regular fenders with some of the inflatable ones that are easier to stow off deck. These things are pricey! I found this brand on Amazon and wondered if anyone has real world experience with this brand. It's roughly half the cost of the brands they carry at Fisheries Supply. I've never heard of it, and although I can find these fenders sold a number of places, I don't see any reviews or references to people having actually used them, with the exception of one person who used it in a lighter weight application than our boat. (A big, heavy 47ft sailboat). At this price I'm tempted to buy a couple and put them to the test locally before we leave the dock. But still I wonder if any other boaters have used them and can give me some real world feedback on their quality. https://www.amazon.com/Luoweikadeng-.../dp/B0916YP5LD
MWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:37   #2

Boat: Lagoon 39, Gemini 105MC, Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
Re: Inflatable Fender Brand Luoweikadeng

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
Hi Cruisers,
As we gear up for our next big trip, we'd like to augment our supply of regular fenders with some of the inflatable ones that are easier to stow off deck. These things are pricey! I found this brand on Amazon and wondered if anyone has real world experience with this brand. It's roughly half the cost of the brands they carry at Fisheries Supply. I've never heard of it, and although I can find these fenders sold a number of places, I don't see any reviews or references to people having actually used them, with the exception of one person who used it in a lighter weight application than our boat. (A big, heavy 47ft sailboat). At this price I'm tempted to buy a couple and put them to the test locally before we leave the dock. But still I wonder if any other boaters have used them and can give me some real world feedback on their quality. https://www.amazon.com/Luoweikadeng-.../dp/B0916YP5LD
I was about to post the same question. Did you end up buying them? If so, how well did they hold up?
CaptainPete222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:19   #3

Boat: Rafiki 37

I don't know anything about these inflatable fenders, but I have been using the ones from Easystow for over a decade now. They are great.

Easystow Fenders

My boat is small, but quite heavy (15 tons). I use the heavy duty ones. They have never let me down. I did have one chafe through the outer layer after letting it rub against a rough concrete pier for weeks. The company was awesome to deal with, sending me patching material for free.

I don't know how they compare in price, but I highly recommend them.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:51   #4

We ended up getting one of the larger fenders for Christmas and it marginal. The material is not as heavy as I was hoping, and I’m not going to trust the heat sealed seams for long term use. It’s going to be useful in a pinch and a ‘just in case’ situation, but I won’t buy another one. I did buy another Easy Stow fender and I love those. They are heavy duty and really easy to deploy.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:52   #5

In case you don’t see the reply below, We ended up getting one of the larger fenders for Christmas and it marginal. The material is not as heavy as I was hoping, and I’m not going to trust the heat sealed seams for long term use. It’s going to be useful in a pinch and a ‘just in case’ situation, but I won’t buy another one. I did buy another Easy Stow fender and I love those. They are heavy duty and really easy to deploy.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:32   #6

Boat: Lagoon 39, Gemini 105MC, Hobie Mirage Tandem Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
I don't know anything about these inflatable fenders, but I have been using the ones from Easystow for over a decade now. They are great.

Easystow Fenders

My boat is small, but quite heavy (15 tons). I use the heavy duty ones. They have never let me down. I did have one chafe through the outer layer after letting it rub against a rough concrete pier for weeks. The company was awesome to deal with, sending me patching material for free.

Thanks for the responses. Based on your and MWhite's recommendations, I ordered three 12" X 44" heavy duty EasyStow fenders. The person who runs and/or owns the company answered the phone when I called was very helpful. I think he makes them right there. I like to buy US-made stuff, if that's a reasonable option. I also like to support small business owners (though Amazon's convenience is pretty awesome). As to the construction of the fenders, in addition to the durability you both mentioned, I like the fact that I can tie them together at the top and bottom and use the multiple tie points to prevent them from rolling around (and potentially rolling out). Square corners will also help keep them from rolling out.

Price was comparable, but the fender covers were actually less expensive. I'll try to remember to report back about the quality of the fender covers when I get them and give them a good test.
CaptainPete222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:45   #7

I’m sure you’ll be very pleased. We’ve used the large, heavy duty ones for over a decade. Very pleased. They are our only fenders. We inflate them when we need them, but otherwise they store away, compact but quickly accessible.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:17   #8

Boat: Bristol 29.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post

Easystow Fenders

Thanks to Mike’s suggestion, we also bought Easystow Fenders last summer. We love them. Very heavy duty, easy to inflate and deflate, takes up substantially less room when you don’t need them. We should have bought them years ago.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:07   #9

i love the EasyStow fenders and would like to hear how the covers hold up over time. I do not even recall seeing the covers, so I'll have to take a look. As long distance cruisers, I appreciate having fenders that I do not have to stow on the mast pulpits. We bought another Easy Stow fender to take along. I also like to buy from a small, America business when I can. I appreciate so much that these are really good quality. I'll go to the website and see if I can get some patching material to have on hand in case we need it in future.
Old 02-05-2023, 13:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
i love the EasyStow fenders and would like to hear how the covers hold up over time. I do not even recall seeing the covers, so I'll have to take a look. As long distance cruisers, I appreciate having fenders that I do not have to stow on the mast pulpits. We bought another Easy Stow fender to take along. I also like to buy from a small, America business when I can. I appreciate so much that these are really good quality. I'll go to the website and see if I can get some patching material to have on hand in case we need it in future.

I don’t think they list repair material on their website, but when I told the owner about my issue, they quickly volunteered to send me a swatch of material for both the outside cover and the inner one. No charge.
Old 05-05-2023, 16:13   #11

May I suggest industrial dunnage air-bags?
- Waterproof, chemical resistant, high burst strength.
- Reusable, Strong & Recyclable

Especially on a secondary market they become much cheaper
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...614338794.html

https://www.cargo-tuff.com/dunnage-bags
https://www.uline.com/Grp_172/Dunnage-Bags
George_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 16:46   #12

Interesting idea. Do you use these dunnage bags yourself? I’m going to go down a research bunny hole looking at these and finding out if they will work for my 23 ton sailboat. It would be great if they do! Thanks for the informative post. Never heard of them!
Old 06-05-2023, 07:57   #13

I have not tried them, but also intrigued by the idea. I've just stumbled upon them yesterday when looking for something on CraigsList
George_SD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fender, inflatable