Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2016, 22:08   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: 12V Inflatable Pump ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
Left thumb.
The pressure gauge on my hand pump is stuffed. I just give the bladders a thump with my fist.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 16:56   #32

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5
Re: 12V Inflatable Pump ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedCity View Post
Does anyone know of a 12 volt air pump capable of inflating my 11ft Caribe RIB to its proper pressure. My leg gets awfully tired with the foot pump.
You have spent some good money on a good RIB, so in my view, it is worth a decent air pump.

'Bravo' is the original name of the pump it seems a number here use (amongst other places, you find them with Zodiac accessories).
We have two of them (one for Australia, one for the Med) and both work very well. You just dial up the air pressure you want, and the thing pumps to that pressure then cuts out. If you are inflating a high pressure floor (not applicable in your case as you have a RIB), then once it reaches a certain pressure, it changes from 'high-volume/low-pressure' mode, to low- volume/high-pressure' mode, and brings the air floor up to the selected pressure, then again just cuts out.

The only thing I have done to both our pumps, is to open them up and replace the short power cable (with crocodile clips) with a 5 metre cable, and a 12V plug. Much easier to be able to take the pump right to where you need it, and just plug in to a 12V outlet on board.
If you do this, just make sure the cable is sufficient size, as they draw up to around 20A from memory.

The other feature is that you can use the pump in deflate mode to get the last of the air out of your boat.

A nice little unit, and worth the money.
David B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inflatable