Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2016, 06:32   #1

Boat: C & C 36
1979 36' C&C-topping lift, Vang or both?

I bought my 36' C&C last spring (mast was stepped) and after setting up the rigging I realized the boom only had a vang-no topping lift. After conferring with a few local sailors the consensus was the boat was set up for racing and that the topping lift was replaced by the vang. She sailed well with this set up & we had no difficulty, however as I am tall & am always dodging a "bouncing " boom when anchored I am considering reinstalling a topping lift to support the boom when anchored. It appears the mast head/boom were designed for a topping lift, and all info I have found for the 36 C&C shows a topping lift. Can anyone shed some light on this? I am currently preparing the boat for live aboard/cruising this year and plan on splashing at the end of April, it certainly would be easier to add a topping lift with the mast stepped.
Open for any thoughts/suggestions on this-appreciate all input regarding this issue.
thanks
One Chance
One Chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift