Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-12-2018, 13:21   #1

Boat: Cal 39 Mark II
Xintex S-2a flashing green???

I have a Xintex S-2A with propane solenoid and sensor. When I turn it on it cycles theough its warm up period, chirps, and then the Sensor 1 and 2 lights flash green repeatedly, without stopping. Its like the unit is stuck innits warm up phase, and I cannot turn on the solenoid valve.

Anyone else have this prob? Solution?
s3raphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 07:35   #2

Boat: Tayana 37
Re: Xintex S-2a flashing green???

I just read through the instructions (we have the same monitor) and it says long periods of inactivity require longer warm-up times.

Do you leave the boat for extended periods of time with the propane breaker turned off? Try turning it on and letting it go through its cycle for a while and see what happens. Also, one thing I've noticed in the past is that the sensors don't like cold and humidity, such as in a poorly vented propane locker in the middle of winter.

We live aboard full time, so the propane breaker is always on except for when we leave the boat for more than a day or two. Propane detectors don't detect propane if they're not turned on.
1977 Tayana 37 #91 S/V Ramble On

www.svrambleon.com
thereefgeek is offline   Reply With Quote