Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2024, 05:32   #1

Boat: Contessa 32
Seaflo water pump?

I bought a seaflo water pump this winter to cycle descaling solution through engine. Now that I have this pump I'd like to install somewhere out of the way (I sail a Contessa 32) space is limited. And use for a saltwater wash down cockpit system. I am not interested in cutting anymore holes in the boat so would like to hijack or should I say share a thruhull that already exists. I thought about splitting my raw water intake from engine but then thought better. Can I use the drain hose from my galley sink?
Avoegeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2024, 06:38   #2

Boat: Oyster 435
Re: Seaflo water pump?

Our wash down pump it tied into the head raw water inlet. Double hose clamps with appropriate fittings. It’s mostly used for anchor wash down so the deck hose fitting is near the bow.

We’re pretty careful but still get the occasional coffee grounds or food bits down the galley drain. It passes through just fine but may impact your pump.
Tsuru is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump