Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2017, 11:17   #31

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
Re: Lectra-Scan waste treatment systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSMFP View Post
The Lectra-Scan is a 12v system. Why would you need to crank the generator? Ours draws very little current (I don't remember the specific amps of the top of my head) and the draw is very short. Maybe 20 seconds. It's a good system.

A64 is covering the incinolet thread drift.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:20   #32

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCoys View Post
I think I just found something on the EPA's website that says that we can dump treated waste in the bay, but not the attached lake.

That's correct, clear lake is a ndz, while the bay is ok to dump treated waste into.

However be careful. You're not really in "salt water" most of the time. The reality is that the marinas and a large part of the bay are brackish for most of the year. Fresh for a few days following a good rain, and only really "salt" for august and September.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:40   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
A64 is covering the incinolet thread drift.

Gotcha.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:41   #34

Boat: Nordic 44

i have used my electra-scan for five years. Adding a pitcher full of salt to the 4 gal salt tank will last close to a week with two on board. It has an LED control box that tells you when salt is low or when amps are low or why it wont flush. Does it need maintenance? Sure, like everything on a boat, like a new salt water feed pump every 5 years. No big deal. If a fault arises and you cant figure it out the excellent techs at Raritan will work it out on the phone. If you have to send in a control board because of a fault its easy to do. And they really stand behind their product; they replaced a control board free out of warranty for me. Finally, my 20 gallon holding tank can fillup in two days. Why hastle with pump outs? Why discharge the tank in the Bay? As they say, I wouldnt leave home without it.
pitlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:45   #35
Marine Service Provider

Im in fresh water so add 1 oz. salt every flush. Keep a can of Morton Salt and a one oz. jigger on the head sink shelf.

That may not be enough salt (I haven't checked it, you need to)...directions call for 4 tablespoons. A coffee measure--the kind used to to make coffee, not stir it--holds two. So two of 'em level full of salt is the right amount. Raritan recommend Kosher or solar salt (the kind used on driveways) because it dissolves faster and more completely than table salt.

You can download the owners manual from here: ElectroScan owners manual
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men