Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2014, 19:53   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold
12V Water meter

Our last owned sailboat in the UK, a Jeanneau Sun Legende 41 had a simple but very effective and reliable in-line water meter which counte how much freshwater had been pumped via the pressurised system and displayed the count on a simple re-settable digital meter at the chart table electrical panel. I would like to obtain a similar consumption counter for our current boat based here in the USA. anybody have any ideas what and where I could get it please?? Inexpensive would be nice!
Robin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2014, 20:25   #2

Boat: Valiant 42
Re: 12V Water meter

I have no direct experience with these but Google says there are several. This type pops up mostly on Ali and E-Bay:

Display Flow Rate Water Sensor Meter+LCD Digital Control Total Litres Hall+1/2" DC 12V Electric Solenoid Valve+24V power adapter-in Flow Meters from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com

Google: water totalizer meter 12V
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2014, 21:20   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

We've used and sold them for years; try this source: www.watermeters.com
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 19:54   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
Our last owned sailboat in the UK, a Jeanneau Sun Legende 41 had a simple but very effective and reliable in-line water meter which counte how much freshwater had been pumped via the pressurised system and displayed the count on a simple re-settable digital meter at the chart table electrical panel. I would like to obtain a similar consumption counter for our current boat based here in the USA. anybody have any ideas what and where I could get it please?? Inexpensive would be nice!
I also have the same problem with the simple digital water flow meter on our Lagoon 380. I really liked the system when it was operating as it is simple & gives me all the info I need to monitor the 2 water tanks.

I have attached a couple of photos of the sender & small digital gauge (on the right). Be nice to find something to replace it if anybody has any ideas.

Dave
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water