Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2024, 04:24   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32
EFR Courses

Hi everyone!

I hope you all started the new year with a great party!

Just the best to you!

This post is regarding the European market. I know, most of you are USA based, but I’m still looking forward to your inputs.

I’m a certified EFR Instructor (emergency first responder) including AED and child care. Whenever searching for boat related medical education, I end up finding courses wich are land based. Basically, somewhere in a classroom. They usually cost a ton of money as well.
I’m aware, that a lot of these courses go way beyond an EFR course and teach a lot of medical stuff about longer treatments on passages for example. So basically, these are very solid medical seminars and definitely have their eligibility.

My idea to fill in the gap is as follows:

I would like to teach EFR courses during sailing. So basically, the costumers book a package of a 1 week charter cruise combined with the on board EFR course including certification.
The cert is internationally accepted for EFR positions inside a company organization as well as for driving licenses where required.

I would extend the course-program with a high focus on common injuries on boats as well as hazard awareness on board. Subsequently leading to a skipper (of course as well as crew) wich is more aware of possible hazards and with the skills to deliver adequate first aid when needed.

I’m now at the point, where I need to figure out if this kind of combination is something people would generally be interested in. As well as how much they would be welcome to pay extra on top of your regular charter cruise. Because as always, business needs to make money. I’m able to offer the course in English as well as in German. So the input of native Germans is worth a lot as well.
Lu_Be is offline   Reply With Quote