Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2022, 17:54   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38
Your first boat.

My first boat....and I use the term loosely here...was a 44 gallon steel drum, cut lengthwise in half, that had been used to hold feed for wild game.

Fitted with a broom and bedsheet I purloined from my mother's house, and a few other odds and ends of string and scrap wood, I fashioned, what I thought, was a pretty nifty craft.

I think I was 9 years old....maybe 8...can't remember anymore.
With more luck than skill I managed to drift over this body of water, without sinking, drowning or cutting myself on the drum's sharp edges.

When my mother got to hear about this tale, she was not amused, while in my mind it should have gone down in history as an epic voyage.

Shortly thereafter, I was sent off to boarding school, 100's of miles from any water, but the damage had been done, I was hooked.

So that's my story, what's yours ??
MicHughV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat