Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2016, 18:11   #16

Boat: 1971 cal 27
Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosatte View Post
buy urself a dog and forget about it
i think that's illegal in most places and definitely immoral.
we go wherever we want to go. that's what a ship is, you know. it's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails. that's what a ship needs. but what a ship is...really is...is freedom---captain jack sparrow
first wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 19:42   #17

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

I used to belong to a Yacht Club in Alameda, CA. We had a program where we advertised free sailing and sailing lessons for women. Dubbed, "Women for Sail." The interested skippers then took the ladies out sailing and sometimes on the club overnight trips to other clubs in the Bay. It was a rousing success we met the girls/women and they got to check out the skippers with little to no further commitment. It worked for all and many of the ladies became club members, one of which even wound up as the club Admiral. Many of them stuck around and bought boats. A better way to meet than in a bar I think.
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 21:08   #18

Boat: FP 38

Ive been meeting girls on date sites but as soon as i mention I'm going away cruising the Caribbean for 12 months , none seems interested in risking their lives as they know it, preferring life on land.... groan...
Old 18-10-2016, 23:15   #19

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

I always loved it when I lived on my boat in the US and had a date come over. "Oh...this is like an RV". I knew then the date was doomed!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 00:14   #20

Boat: Gaff rigged Ketch[Spray]37' on deck

Latitude 38 has a crew list, both looking and wanting listing's, check lectronic latitude 38.
Dougtiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 13:11   #21

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

Why not find the soul then introduce the love of sailing? I think one of the things my mate loves about me are thé things I have introduced her to.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 22-10-2016, 13:15   #22
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Quote:
Originally Posted by first wind View Post
is that actually a real thing?
Google is your friend..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 13:23   #23
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawatuman View Post
Ive been meeting girls on date sites but as soon as i mention I'm going away cruising the Caribbean for 12 months , none seems interested in risking their lives as they know it, preferring life on land.... groan...
Your the wrong side of the Pond.. women over here like adventure.. just don't look amongst the Disco Diva's..

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 22-10-2016, 13:37   #24

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

I met my guy online. Just an ordinary dating site. I didn't sail yet but "met" many who did.

No matter what you do, just do it to have fun. Don't take dating seriously. "Serious" come after spending time with someonè. Just spend time getting to know others. Plan some dates that are fun and not too personal.

I met a lot of folk who seemed to take online dating as a hook up matcher. That wasn't my thing but I still found plenty of dinner, mini golf, movies, plays and concert companions. Lots of folk looking for something to do without making a big deal of it. I think I spent a year with a new date every night if I wanted it. If you don't take dating seriously you feel freer to be yourself and talk about ýour interests. Don't hold back now! I estimated there were about 40,000 men in my area, of similar age and status. Surely there would be a few who shared my interests? Yup. Quite a few really. I have kept one of those dates for 6 years now.

Quit looking for "an angle" like specialty sites. Take the pressure off yourself and just have fun. Go ahead. Invite your dates for a sail. Get out of your own head worrying about finding people to like you, know you are fabulous, and put your self into getting to know someone else. Weird idea huh?

It's really funny thouģh, the lonely hearts clubs are full of people who try really hard to "fit", and in doing so they hide themselves. The best remedy for that is to not hide yourself and don't be shy about knowing what you want. Just refuse to accept anyone who does not offer you what you seek. Including be willing to sail. It's OK to say, this isn't working for me after the first date. Go ahead date several at once. Just have fun with it all. You will find that special person when you suddenly realize you keep inviting them back. No rush to comMIT or get a commitment. Just have fun trying it all out.

Ps, just noticed the comment about land lubbers...maybe it's not the land, perhaps it's rushing them with pronouncements about your plans. If you are going soon, they must realize you are leaving before they are even sure of you at all. Better to run than be ditched!
Old 22-10-2016, 13:45   #25
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dreaming View Post
I met my guy online. Just an ordinary dating site. I didn't sail yet but "met" many who did.

No matter what you do, just do it to have fun. Don't take dating seriously. "Serious" come after spending time with someonè. Just spend time getting to know others. Plan some dates that are fun and not too personal.

I met a lot of folk who seemed to take online dating as a hook up matcher. That wasn't my thing but I still found plenty of dinner, mini golf, movies, plays and concert companions. Lots of folk looking for something to do without making a big deal of it. I think I spent a year with a new date every night if I wanted it. If you don't take dating seriously you feel freer to be yourself and talk about ýour interests. Don't hold back now! I estimated there were about 40,000 men in my area, of similar age and status. Surely there would be a few who shared my interests? Yup. Quite a few really. I have kept one of those dates for 6 years now.

Quit looking for "an angle" like specialty sites. Take the pressure off yourself and just have fun. Go ahead. Invite your dates for a sail. Get out of your own head worrying about finding people to like you, know you are fabulous, and put your self into getting to know someone else. Weird idea huh?

It's really funny thouģh, the lonely hearts clubs are full of people who try really hard to "fit", and in doing so they hide themselves. The best remedy for that is to not hide yourself and don't be shy about knowing what you want. Just refuse to accept anyone who does not offer you what you seek. Including be willing to sail. It's OK to say, this isn't working for me after the first date. Go ahead date several at once. Just have fun with it all. You will find that special person when you suddenly realize you keep inviting them back. No rush to comMIT or get a commitment. Just have fun trying it all out.
Good advice..

Old 22-10-2016, 15:03   #26

Indeed
Old 23-10-2016, 04:39   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Saltyboys Gay Sailing Cruises

It's not "Day sailing" it's "Gay Sailing"

Sent from mTalk
That's all well and good but I'm kinda looking at more of a "SaltyGIRLS"
rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 04:55   #28

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach View Post
That's all well and good but I'm kinda looking at more of a "SaltyGIRLS"
Anyone wanna start a "SaltyGirls" sailor's dating site please? Could be "SaltySeaLadies" as well.. 😍

(just don't replace the Ladies with Men.. Please.. )
ErikFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 09:29   #29

I thought seamen and women don't mix
Old 23-10-2016, 11:39   #30

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawatuman View Post
I thought seamen and women don't mix
They only mix if you want babies!

Women need their space, hygiene, clothes, food, security, sleep and relationships.
Some things are not synonymous with sailing, especially off shore!
Sacrifices are a must. And the older you get, the harder it gets!

Tags
sail