Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2016, 22:54   #1006
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

If you can't fool around with your boating buddies....then ya got nothing.
Heck part of the fun is tossing in a flash bang once in a while just to keep things interesting.....he ha ha

cheers mate
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 05:20   #1007

Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

There are few climate science deniers in the reinsurance business.

No climate-change deniers to be found in the reinsurance business - The Globe and Mail
jackdale is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 12:59   #1008

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Just great

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464206318794.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	124874  
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 13:00   #1009
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Poor Profit Al...
Where have his disciples gone....
Old 25-05-2016, 13:52   #1010

The claims made in scuba0_1's post #1008 are both so stupidly false that the claims lies, and those who spread them, deserve resounding derision from reasonable people.

I challenge anybody who disputes this to show me when and where Al Gore made that prediction. Oh don't bother; it can't be done.

It's super easy to see what NASA actually wrote; just go to the NASA.gov website. Since I know you won't, I used this cool computer feature called copy-and-paste:

"While the Antarctic sea ice yearly wintertime maximum extent hit record highs from 2012 to 2014 before returning to average levels in 2015, both the Arctic wintertime maximum and its summer minimum extent have been in a sharp decline for the past decades. Studies show that globally, the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice."

Folks, if you want to have an intelligent conversation, at least do the minimal amount of work to check the veracity of your propaganda.

I'm most interested in whether or not scuba0_1 will admit to spreading falsehoods in these two cases.
jwing is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 14:13   #1011
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing View Post
The claims made in scuba0_1's post #1008 are both so stupidly false that the claims lies, and those who spread them, deserve resounding derision from reasonable people.

I challenge anybody who disputes this to show me when and where Al Gore made that prediction. Oh don't bother; it can't be done.

It's super easy to see what NASA actually wrote; just go to the NASA.gov website. Since I know you won't, I used this cool computer feature called copy-and-paste:

"While the Antarctic sea ice yearly wintertime maximum extent hit record highs from 2012 to 2014 before returning to average levels in 2015, both the Arctic wintertime maximum and its summer minimum extent have been in a sharp decline for the past decades. Studies show that globally, the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice."

Folks, if you want to have an intelligent conversation, at least do the minimal amount of work to check the veracity of your propaganda.

I'm most interested in whether or not scuba0_1 will admit to spreading falsehoods in these two cases.
Sorry but antartic sea ice is still recording at least 5% above baseline normal as of march. ( the sattalite is having issues that they are trying to remedy so no figures yet for April. Also he total Antarctic land ice volumeis increasing just like I posted some 65+ pages ago.
newhaul is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 14:18   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Sorry but antartic sea ice is still recording at least 5% above baseline normal as of march. ( the sattalite is having issues that they are trying to remedy so no figures yet for April. Also he total Antarctic land ice volumeis increasing just like I posted some 65+ pages ago.
Why did you quote post #1010? What you wrote in #1011 has no relevance to what I wrote in #1010.
jwing is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 14:22   #1013
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Here ya go all said 75% probability of polar ice gone by 2015
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Z92tyNTDhmMotg

Here's another prediction that is dead wrong
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...-ice-2016-melt
Ice free my butt
Old 25-05-2016, 14:25   #1014
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

opps....
Tell me High Priest Gore wasn't sipping the holy wine of the MMGW Cult?
Old 25-05-2016, 14:32   #1015

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing View Post

LOL honestly I could really care less but thought the pic was don't. I just find it hilarious that this is made it to 1015 post.
Brrr such a serious topic for some..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply
Old 25-05-2016, 14:40   #1016
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Crickets about my post # 1013 well I have my Arctic insulated work coveralls on the boat
Old 25-05-2016, 14:55   #1017
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Crickets about my post # 1013 well I have my Arctic insulated work coveralls on the boat
You basically showed them that their religion was false....give them some time to get over it. The Cultists have a big emotional investment in Global Warming and quite a few of them base their self worth by driving the right CO2 emission saving car, eating vegetarian to save on cow farts, and engaging in internet activism to save the world.
Old 25-05-2016, 15:32   #1018
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
You basically showed them that their religion was false....give them some time to get over it. The Cultists have a big emotional investment in Global Warming and quite a few of them base their self worth by driving the right CO2 emission saving car, eating vegetarian to save on cow farts, and engaging in internet activism to save the world.
Yep and I bet they missed the paper I posted on how much water is wasted to grow lettuce to.
Old 25-05-2016, 15:44   #1019

Quote:
Here ya go all said 75% probability of polar ice gone by 2015
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Z92tyNTDhmMotg

Here's another prediction that is dead wrong
US Navy predicts summer ice free Arctic by 2016 | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | The Guardian
Ice free my butt
You really need to develop some patience

Arctic Sea Ice and Al Gore's "Prediction 2013"
Old 25-05-2016, 15:52   #1020

Quote:
What was really said about the satellite issue at NSIDC:

Quote:
Initial evaluation of the uncalibrated F-18 data indicates reasonable agreement with F-17
In fact, there are data up to and including May 24, 2016

Antarctic sea ice data is below the mean and significantly below the same time as 2015. It is increasing in area because it is approaching winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising