Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2017, 13:05   #1

Boat: Union 32 , Paceship PY26
Daysail / 3-5 day cruises

Last year I made a similar posting and it worked out great. Met some good new friends. I have a 32-foot middle displacement, cutter rigged boat. A Union 32. Since being retired I prefer to take advantage of mid-week sailing and coastal cruising. Based in Mystic, Ct., I like to sail mostly to the east and NY. If you want to cruise around on a shared cost basis, give me a shout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040423.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	429.2 KB
ID:	144267   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040336.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	429.9 KB
ID:	144268  

Name:	P1040136.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	144269   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040139.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	144270  

Name:	P1040854.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	144271  
Glory B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:38   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1
Re: Daysail / 3-5 day cruises

It might be fun
I have been sailing forever and did a sail to mystic from huntington last fall
You can email me at 2 hav2befree@yahoo.com
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 16:45   #3

Hi I live in ffld ct. I have an old 30 ft catalina in stratford and would like to do some sailing out your way without having to bring my vessel up there. Of course it would be nice to invite folks back to my vessel as well. My girfriend and I are in our 60s and would like to hook up with someone in the eastern ct ri region. Been sailing for 15 years and have a masters power vessel lic. Im Gary and my phone is 203-685-9504.
gary pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 17:08   #4

Boat: Passport 40

That's one gorgeous boat. Pitty im not close by.
gaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 07:27   #5

I am interested in sailing along the New England NY coast. I have recently sailed in the Windward Islands. I would be available after the middle of July. Text me if interested hfkgjk@epix.net
HFWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 18:05   #6

Hi, I would drive north for a sailing trip. I would really like the experience. I have been sailing for a few years now and would like to keep it up!

484-925-4988
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 06:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary pond View Post
Hi I live in ffld ct. I have an old 30 ft catalina in stratford and would like to do some sailing out your way without having to bring my vessel up there. Of course it would be nice to invite folks back to my vessel as well. My girfriend and I are in our 60s and would like to hook up with someone in the eastern ct ri region. Been sailing for 15 years and have a masters power vessel lic. Im Gary and my phone is 203-685-9504.
Good morning,

I apologize if there has been delay in replying to your inquiry. I’m running behind this spring. Local bad weather has held me up getting ready for launch. I am trying to finish up some middle big projects this spring that are taking longer that I had hoped. Now expecting to launch mid-June. Probably not ready for cruising until July.

It sounds like we would make a good match (I'm just 70). So I plan "relaxed" sailing. Lets make some plans. You can call me at 860 647-1941. Be sure to leave a message if I don't answer.

Paul
Old 29-05-2017, 06:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthousegal View Post
Hi, I would drive north for a sailing trip. I would really like the experience. I have been sailing for a few years now and would like to keep it up!

484-925-4988
Good morning,

I apologize if there has been delay in replying to your inquiry. I’m running behind this spring. Local bad weather has held me up getting ready for launch. I am trying to finish up some middle big projects this spring that are taking longer that I had hoped. Now expecting to launch mid-June. Probably not ready for cruising until July.

It sounds like your experience is a little more glamorous what we see here in New England -- Islands, etc. I'm feeling my age some this year (70) and would welcome younger crew to bounce around the deck for sail handling and anchor chores. However, if you are still interested, lets continue the conversation. You can write me at paul.danilowicz@cox.net or call at 860 647-1941.

Paul

Paul
Old 01-06-2017, 20:46   #9

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaucho View Post
That's one gorgeous boat. Pitty im not close by.
And I'd 2nd that - great lines, full keel, perfect - I've just added "Union's" to my Sunday boat search (strictly entertainment, no wagering). Regrettably, I just moved away (from New England) this week, so am land locked in the mid-West now, so not "in the neighborhood". So I'll just say happy sailing. Oh, when ever I would get back to Mystic, my first stop will be "the Engine Room" - and I'm not a paid spokes person - their scallop poor boy is to die for, and great brews.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 19:20   #10

Hi,

I live in LI, NY. I am 57 and have a skipper licence for international waters. However my sailing experience is still limited to coastal waters. Did island hoping in Greece last year. Would love to join you for cruising, local daily or weekday/weekend trips. Please contact me if interested 6312974498
TirstyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:19   #11

Hi Paul,

I'm a young CT resident seeking sailing skills and experience. My schedule is flexible enough for short cruises if I have a week or two notice. I live near UConn and am willing to help out with maintenance and chores as these are important skills and part of the experience. I have some budgeted spending money to pitch in for trips- but I am a student who has decided to work at a non-profit. That being said, I'm a hard worker who listens, learns, and values the experience of others. I'm a decent cook (who really excels at cleaning up afterwards) and I have a fair amount of handy-man experience for my age.

Thank you,
Amanda
caliecoops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, cruise