Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 12:37   #1

Boat: Catalina36 mkII
Send a message via Skype™ to pzmaria
Looking for Florida located cruiser (wing keel)

Hello members,

My wife and I are looking to buy a 32-35ft cruiser. Preferably in Florida or Texas (Huston) region as it will be moved to Caribbean Mexico and stay there most of the time. We want to cruise down the coast to Belize, Guatemala and further south too. Maybe in the future island hopping in the Caribbean.
We want it to be a wing keel (shallow draft) for Belize cays and atolls shallow waters. I can handle and do most of mechanical and electrical minor repairs, some woodwork too, but not major issues.
Our budget is in the range up to 30k. We already spent hours going thru Sailboat and Yachtworld listings. Many of them are inactive or sending emails gives no response. On top of that we found that most boats in this price range are not really listed on either of these sites and are going to be more of a word of mouth.
pzmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:51   #2

Re: Looking for Florida located cruiser (wing keel)

You can also check boattrader.com. Yachtworld.com listings should all be active. You may have to call rather than e-mail. Seems like a lot of boat brokers are still living in the last century. I have also used searchtempest.com. This is a craigslist consolidator. So you put in a zip code for sort of the center of the area you want to search, and a range, and it gets results from all of the craigslist boards within that area.

Whoever it is that runs sailboatlistings.com needs to realize that it is almost useless. No listing ever seems to get removed, no matter that the boat was sold seven or eight years ago. I don't waste my time with it anymore.

Good luck.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, florida, keel