Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 16:54   #1

Free crew available for learning and adventure

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this message is being posted in the correct thread but here goes...

I'm an experienced Dive Master (now IT company director about to change career direction). I've spent a lot of time on motor boats although I never really got involved in the skippering much. I'm passionate about learning to sail and am now looking to train up to professional YM level and buy a Lagoon 48 or similar next year to charter. The problem I have is the YM course in Cowes is a 14 week intensive course that will leave little to no time to take care of my work commitments. Hence, I'm looking to complete shorter courses (starting immanently) in order to gain experience and miles. Studying and sailing whenever I can. I can take from 1-7 days at a time to sail whether it be in the UK or other parts of Europe. I'm happy to pay for flights, food and accommodation and muck in on your boat... cooking and cleaning etc in exchange for learning, great experiences and sailing knowledge.

Most of the related threads I've read on here are mainly US based or people looking for crew for long distance travel on the other side of the globe. Hence, this may be a complete shot in the dark. However, if you're sailing in Europe and would like some nice company, a grafter, a smiler and an extra pair of hands to assist you in your sailing plans (professionally or leisurely) then I'd love to hear from you.

Kieron
Old 17-06-2015, 14:07   #2

Boat: hunter 37 cherubini
Re: Free crew available for learning and adventure

need crew to deliver a hunter 37 from new jersey to florida keys asap email me ; zigzaging2002@yahoo.com
Old 18-06-2015, 04:29   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Free crew available for learning and adventure

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Kieron.

Tags
crew, crew available, learning