Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 14:38   #1

asa used books

Still new..but was a member back 08 09..looking for some used asa books ..all and any..not looking for the cat books .no office.but looking for some books hoping for notes in them..this spring going to look at a 1974 pearson 26.to learn one..i live.down river from detroit.wyandote.leas than 1mile.from the detroit river.the boat i am looking at has a trailer....looking for books and advice.on it.boat is 2 miles away..tryed search.but most were the bigger pearsons..thank you ..and lookin for a site for pearson 26...and the asa books....i did try the search...thankyou..
dirtydon1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 15:02   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: asa used books

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydon1960 View Post
Still new..but was a member back 08 09..looking for some used asa books ..all and any..not looking for the cat books .no office.but looking for some books hoping for notes in them..this spring going to look at a 1974 pearson 26.to learn one..i live.down river from detroit.wyandote.leas than 1mile.from the detroit river.the boat i am looking at has a trailer....looking for books and advice.on it.boat is 2 miles away..tryed search.but most were the bigger pearsons..thank you ..and lookin for a site for pearson 26...and the asa books....i did try the search...thankyou..
I found these threads in the CF archives which mention the Pearson 26.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=011403...026&gsc.page=1

Have fun reading these, if you have not already.

Good luck!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 16:02   #3

Tha kyou steady hands..i have read all the pksts here and thank you for all the posts about the smaller boats..still trying to find i fo on the smaller pearsons. Seen a.vid on you tube but it seems like they were in the key s then the bamamas....still lookin for the nuts and bolts.of the this staster..boat is a good price..going to do self servaly thats why am asking..2000 for boat..3500 with trailer..can not loose either way. Yhank you.I
Old 11-11-2016, 16:08   #4

Tha kyou steady hands..i have read all the pksts here and thank you for all the posts about the smaller boats..still trying to find i fo on the smaller pearsons. Seen a.vid on you tube but it seems like they were in the key s then the bamamas....still lookin for the nuts and bolts.of the this staster..boat is a good price..going to do self servaly thats why am asking..2000 for boat..3500 with trailer..can not loose either way. Yhank you.I
Old 12-11-2016, 09:14   #5
Marine Service Provider

I am sure you will find the old ASA books no problem - maybe check Amazon? The new text books are a big improvement though - so if you can stick to those. Sailing Made Easy, Coastal Cruising Made Easy & Bareboat Cruising Made Easy.

Best of luck with your new adventures!
LTDsailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 14:42   #6

Boat: 2019 TBD

Thriftbooks.com. You can find sailing books under $10
Old 15-11-2016, 16:37   #7

Tha k you all ..i have desited.to take the call from a post.to buy all new..it is a thi g.to get my but together.spend to learn do not cheap out.becauce is you go lo thats were you go ..i want to learn .as much before classes..got the newist chapmans foy b day.end of oct ..reading like craxy.i want this for the last 20 years..going for .it .i posted..debt free in a couple months..in i little one bed apart..ready....give me that horizon..will sea (sp).you all soon.start small.but then..chass.da sun...
Old 03-12-2016, 16:27   #8

Mom and dad called for xmas..what would you like..could not thi k..just got of work..tolk them the same. Black levis im good..today.a rememberber is post.mom maybe.and gave her the first 3titles of asa clases.maybe in book stores or not..hoping for the fisrt book..can not be greede

Tags
asa, books