Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2012, 09:12   #46

Boat: Kristen 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu

Lol... Yes, that is one way... The single guy would have to be really nice, be easy going, fun, and have a great sense of humor... Its a tall order...
Yachtzee!
Old 14-09-2012, 10:11   #47

Boat: Soon to be Discovered
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag
i was advised by san diego mooring co that if i have a boatsitter i will lose my mooring for my ericson...so i need to pass on this one. might be something to research before allowing someone not the owner on board.
there are some really good deals on boats --cheap!! rocketman has a good idea, and for long term, check with marinas and mooring companies before you move on board---
Thanks, that's good advice.
Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:13   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman
By the way, the situation that you are looking for is not impossible to find in other parts of the US. Here in Florida there are so many boats for sale that quite a number of boat owners are having to resort to renting there boats to get something out of them, also the rules in Marina's are not as strick so finding a marina that would allow a liveaboard is much easier. If you check out the criegs list in south Florida and the Keys you will likely find a rental situation.
Thanks, I like FL. I actually lived in Keywest for a year a while back. Interesting place... Lol
Old 14-09-2012, 10:14   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman

You do appear normal, at least to me, for what that is worth. Unfortanitly on these threads, there are a lot of guys that are sitting around with nothing better to do and you know what happens when that happens. I think that most of us have good intentions and offer advise that can be helpful.

Don't forget to let us know how your search goes; we would like to know.

If ever in Florida, give me a call and my wife and I would love to give you a sailing leason. It sounds like the two of you are very simular and would hit it off.
Thanks.
Old 14-09-2012, 10:29   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom45

Yachtzee!
Lol...
Old 14-09-2012, 11:04   #51
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Single gal looking to live aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu View Post
Thanks, I was hoping to appear normal or less mysterious by posting pics. ..
I guess as a woman of the female persuassion that on the internet there be both plusses and minuses to that approach.......
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 18:09   #52

Malibu impresses me and I think she WILL land the deal she seeks as well she should. I know that when I decided to sail I faced a very daunting task of how to learn so much and walking the docks and asking questions was not going to cut it. There a mountain to learn.... And I think she appreciates this.

Further I think her concept of living ON a boat IN a marina is an excellent way to get up close and personal with a boat, neighboring boats and their owners. She's willing to pay for this and I'd bet be a very studious and careful guardian of the boat.

I would have liked to have done it Malibu's way but instead I jumped in a bought Shiva after 3 days of sailing course and having read all sorts of books. My fav is Reese's Sailing Illustrated, a paper with about everything you need to know. Don't leave dock without it!

I too hope we find out how this story progresses. This may be the next thing in sailing immersion!
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 19:05   #53

Boat: Corbin39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu

Thanks, I like FL. I actually lived in Keywest for a year a while back. Interesting place... Lol
Yea, probably easy in so. Florida. I know a 39 Beneteau that the owner now lives in Georgia and can barely afford slip fees.
Agape39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 10:02   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjef
Malibu impresses me and I think she WILL land the deal she seeks as well she should. I know that when I decided to sail I faced a very daunting task of how to learn so much and walking the docks and asking questions was not going to cut it. There a mountain to learn.... And I think she appreciates this.

Further I think her concept of living ON a boat IN a marina is an excellent way to get up close and personal with a boat, neighboring boats and their owners. She's willing to pay for this and I'd bet be a very studious and careful guardian of the boat.

I would have liked to have done it Malibu's way but instead I jumped in a bought Shiva after 3 days of sailing course and having read all sorts of books. My fav is Reese's Sailing Illustrated, a paper with about everything you need to know. Don't leave dock without it!

I too hope we find out how this story progresses. This may be the next thing in sailing immersion!
Thanks for the encouraging words...
I'll keep everyone posted. I have gotten some interesting offers. So far do good.
Old 15-09-2012, 10:09   #55
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15

In summary we have an attractive, motivated, bright woman with pictures sporting a bare midriff that wants to pay someone to live on a boat when most of us cannot find a woman that likes the idea of going out of the inlet for a day even after plying them with liquor. This is very suspicious, and guys I think in reality someone is playing a practical joke on us to build membership in CF another 10 or 20 thousand by making us fantasize this could actually happen. With all the politeness, thank you's and courtesy I suspect the perpetrator is GordyMay or maybe some 300 pound guy with a hairy back that clipped some photographs out of Cosmo to promote his new high tech anchor, which will soon be linked at the bottom of the post.

If this isn't a joke, I would be interested myself except I am on the wrong coast and out on disability after falling on the bus steps during my last tour with the Chippendales. We were having a birthday party in the back of the bus for one of the guys and I drank too many of those premixed Jose Cuervo margaritas and scraped my left buttock and hurt my back, very embarrassing for a dancer I know. The guys had to take me to the local ER where the nurse took a looonng time scrubbing my abrasion and wow did it burn when she poured that brown stuff on! I almost screamed like a girl but bit my lip and silently cried into the pillow because the other guys were watching. And they never even addressed my back pain, I wonder if I have a case for malpractice?? In the meantime I am slowly getting back to working on my dancing moves, well actually I am only watching a Carmen Elektra Hip-Hop Striptease DVD my ex gf left behind, but Carmen is an excellent teacher. Inspired by this thread, I think I am going to post a note on Craigslist to see if I can find a liveaboard nurse that will pay rent and give me free therapeutic butt massages.
Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 10:26   #56

Boat: Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words...
I'll keep everyone posted. I have gotten some interesting offers. So far do good.
Best to ya on your search, I think ya got what it takes too. Ya definitely have a good sporting attitude which is 95% of the battle IMO.

As to the interesting offers comment. I have been wondering what your private message inbox has looked like since opening this thread
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 11:02   #57
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
Inspired by this thread, I think I am going to post a note on Craigslist to see if I can find a liveaboard nurse that will pay rent and give me free therapeutic butt massages.
I have PM'd you my resumé.

and a photo of me wearing a Mankini.
Old 15-09-2012, 12:08   #58

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I have PM'd you my resumé.

and a photo of me wearing a Mankini.
Thanks for keeping that mankini shot private
Old 15-09-2012, 12:32   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul
In summary we have an attractive, motivated, bright woman with pictures sporting a bare midriff that wants to pay someone to live on a boat when most of us cannot find a woman that likes the idea of going out of the inlet for a day even after plying them with liquor. This is very suspicious, and guys I think in reality someone is playing a practical joke on us to build membership in CF another 10 or 20 thousand by making us fantasize this could actually happen. With all the politeness, thank you's and courtesy I suspect the perpetrator is GordyMay or maybe some 300 pound guy with a hairy back that clipped some photographs out of Cosmo to promote his new high tech anchor, which will soon be linked at the bottom of the post.

If this isn't a joke, I would be interested myself except I am on the wrong coast and out on disability after falling on the bus steps during my last tour with the Chippendales. We were having a birthday party in the back of the bus for one of the guys and I drank too many of those premixed Jose Cuervo margaritas and scraped my left buttock and hurt my back, very embarrassing for a dancer I know. The guys had to take me to the local ER where the nurse took a looonng time scrubbing my abrasion and wow did it burn when she poured that brown stuff on! I almost screamed like a girl but bit my lip and silently cried into the pillow because the other guys were watching. And they never even addressed my back pain, I wonder if I have a case for malpractice?? In the meantime I am slowly getting back to working on my dancing moves, well actually I am only watching a Carmen Elektra Hip-Hop Striptease DVD my ex gf left behind, but Carmen is an excellent teacher. Inspired by this thread, I think I am going to post a note on Craigslist to see if I can find a liveaboard nurse that will pay rent and give me free therapeutic butt massages.
Lol... Thanks. I needed a good laugh! I hope your butt is feeling better.

There's lots of women who love the water. I met one last week in Ventura harbor who grew up sailing and had to work several years on her husband to convince him that they should buy a boat and live aboard. They love it! They've been happily on board full time for over 2 years now.

What's not to love about the ocean... It's a magically tranquil place.

'Having to ply women with liquor...' Hmmm, perhaps it's the coast your on... Maybe you should bring your boat here to the west coast where the weather is always beautiful...
Old 15-09-2012, 13:06   #60
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Thanks for keeping that mankini shot private
I think that would fall foul of the "play nice" rule.......

Tags
single